Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Sky king HCW8501

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:02 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks Sergio,

Great to know who I'm talking to.

Um grande abraço meu amigo,

Tom.
sdcserg
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:43 pm
PostPost subject:

hi what do you reckon about this one?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Double-Horse-9101-3-5CH-Large-29inch-Huge-Outdoor-RC-Metal-Helicopter-with-GYRO-/111847139957?hash=item1a0a9bea75:g:wAwAAOSwstxVEyB5

thank you
Sergio
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:44 am
PostPost subject:

Well now Sergio,

If you din't want to progress it's fine, but I really think that you should be looking for a full 4 channel heli, what about this one?
http://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-V931-2_4G-6CH-Brushless-Scale-Lama-Flybarless-RC-Helicopter-p-934884.html

This can be flown as a docile beginners machine or a full 3D advanced model. There are many more if you search. Personally I have never possessed a 3 (or so called 3.5) channel heli and have had no wish to, 4 channel is the only way forward in this hobby. It will open your mind to the real 3 dimensions of flight. When you can bank into the turns and experience the freedom of the air it is an entirely new experience and one that you will not wish to loose.

Vai nessa, meu amigo com um grande abraço de mim,

Tom-
sdcserg
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:36 pm
PostPost subject:

ok i think i will go for a full 4,,6 channel heli, having a look on ebay and other sites im prepared to spend about £250 have you got any more suggestions tom?

obrigado um abraco Smile
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:41 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Sergio,

Before spending thast sort of money I would go for a simulator, thios will give you a lot of experience with a controller and there are no repair bills. Here's a good start:
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Httpwww_banggood_comWholesale-6CH-G4-XTR5_0-RC-Remote-Control-Flight-Simulator-For-Helicopter-Airplane-p-55419_html-p-55419.html

I use this one myself and it does work quite well. You could also search for a simulator on Ebay, but beware as many do not come with a controller but a cable to plug into you own Tx and the one you have will not do! Big advantage with this one is the USB controller - no batteries required - you can fly all day with no battery problems. This does come with many helis and planes you do have to download the software but it is quite extensive-

On the other hand if you think that you will be OK with a 6 chnl straight off then search for a "flybarless Trex 450 RTF with TX" or try something like this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__38126__Walkera_V450D03_Flybarless_Helicopter_with_6_axis_Gyro_Mode_2_RTF_.html. On that score I think that personalty I would build from a kit. the experience that you would gain from the build would stand you in good stead for the set ups and repairs that you will inevitably have to do.

um abraco Very Happy

Tom.
sdcserg
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:15 am
PostPost subject:

right im going to get the trx450, i do have a spitfire nitro that was my dads he passed away a few years ago so i do not even try and start it. its a big plane Smile

abraco e muito vinho Laughing
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:09 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Sergio,

A 450 T-rex is a good craft bu it will need careful tuning for your first few flights. They can be made quite docile but are normally very lively. If you need help there just ask. Burgess and/or Admiral may step in as well there.

So you have a spitfire yet another coincidence, here's me with my 77th birthday present:

Electric - not nitro - but a quite powerful machine!

Um abraço mas não vinho antes de voar!

Tom.
sdcserg
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:09 am
PostPost subject:

great picture tom! im going to buy the simulator as well though! as you mentioned tom, the spitfire is in Portugal in my mums garage my dad left it to me has he knew of my interest for everything that flies bless him! now im just finishing my rissoes de camarao and bacalhau my other half loves it, she being from reading says my food is gorgeous lol and she wants to move to portugal ( she made me write this )
abraco amigo
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:32 am
PostPost subject:

Well now, I have found Portugese food to be the best I've eaten, and I've eaten in most of the world except South America, my absolute favourite is Javali, with a good red Dão wine, my local restaurant does it at 5.50€ plus wine. Food for the Gods!

If we ever get the chance Sergio we must meet, if you have Skype perhaps we could have a talk. PM me - don't make it public.

Tom.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:05 am
PostPost subject:

Nice Spitfire Tom, I used to know some who's father work with Mitchell on the MkI. My favorite of all WWII planes was the DH Mosquito.

Burgess
sdcserg
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:02 am
PostPost subject:

yes javali is a good dish with a good red it makes you melt lol, yes i will set skype up and let you know tom, burgess yes that was a great plane the dh mosquito but my favorite is the spitfire no doubt Smile
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:24 am
PostPost subject:

Well folks it's a hard choice,

The Mozzie was a great plane and did an awlful lot to win WWII on the other hand the Spitfire was hard to repair and the Hurricane did down more of the enemy, really the Hurricane was the one that should have received the fighter kudos but the Spitfire looked the job. Really the P51 with the Merlin engine played a big part in the closing stages, as Goring said when he saw P51's over Berlin "We have lost the war".

The only German plane I had close contact with was the Stuka and that was in ground strafing mode when I caught a chunk of shrapnel in my knee playing in a Bristol street. In my early RAF carrier the Mig 15 was the major threat and I was defending the Germans! Funny how times change. Smile
Always happy to talk to a friend on Skype,

Tom.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: