Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Spinning heli - S009 AH-64 Apache

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FamilyMan
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:36 am
PostPost subject:

Last night whilst I was investigating the rotors and the madly spinning copter it toppled over and now the lower rotor does not spin.
I was also forming the opinion that the controller caps/covers were not removable for the reason that there is now nothing to adjust and that the manual as well as being badly translated is out of date.

After a flying session last week I too found a piece, about 1 cm long, like a pencil lead in the heli. After reading these posts I think there must be some connection.

The cost of returning the helicopter under the warranty is £9.95 plus postage from me to them, about the same cost as the replacement motors.

I am also considering purchasing a Honey Bee CP3, an attempt to get more flying time.
Wanderfellow
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:11 am
PostPost subject:

saul wrote:
you really need to change both motors on the s009 because they wear or burn out in a short period of time in my recent experience of this heli,if you change just one,its a sure thing the motor you did not change will be weaker and the heli will spin in the other direction you originally had the problem with.my first one burned out after around 30 flights,my second after about 15.i put new motors in,so hopefully this is going to last a while longer. on my handset you press the blue bottons for the trim,they should click in to adjust the trim,yours sound like they dont move

Sounds like a good idea.

Thanks, I think I'll go ahead and buy a spare Motor B when I order Motor A just in case.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:59 am
PostPost subject:

A quick easy fix for a lose gear on the motor shaft is a touch of baking soda on the bottom of the gear while it's on the motor shalt. Then just a touch of CA glue. Just a little CA on the baking soda and the gear will lock to the motor shaft. DON'T use much CA, just a touch. Don't breath the fumes off the baking soda after the CA hit it cause it's toxic.

Jack
laza101l
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:26 am
PostPost subject:

How the hell do you get this godawful thing apart to fit new drive gears?
Seems stuck by the undercarrige shaft
JohnJ
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:32 am
PostPost subject:

I just got mine and the red light does not turn to orange when charging, and it took no charge. Do we need special batteries?
Toolman0114
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:14 am
PostPost subject:

I just got one of these things, mine too spins. The instructions says something about adjusting a potentiometer on the copters circuit board, but where do I find it.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: