Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
merlin703
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:36 am
PostPost subject: T-Rex 450 vs. T-Rex 500

Hi guys,
OK, I think I had it. Fixing or trying to fix my Belt-CP is HARD because I'm not an experienced pilot/mechanic and I can't get parts the same day... shops in the are don't carry parts for my Belt-CP. Instead of waiting and waiting I think I will save some money and buy a T-Rex, which was going to be my next heli anyway. With the T-Rex, I can just go to my local hobby shop and buy parts and return them if I don't need them and I don't have to wait weeks to get it fixed. Also, everyone knows about T-Rex helis so it would be easier to fix. So here is the 1'000,000.00 questions:

T-Rex 450 or T-Rex 500? Shocked I've been told the bigger the easier it is to fix. I also heard that the bigger the easier to fly. Are these two statements true on this case? If anyone has any idea why I should use one over the other, please let me know. I'm all ears to hear every comment. I don't have the money to buy both so I don't want to buy one and then the other if I get better at it. My plan is to buy one that I will stay with for many many years. Thanks! Very Happy
thedodd
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:16 am
PostPost subject:

the bigger helis are easier to fly and as for being easier to fix maybe. i mean they all have the same parts but have bigger ones and have more room to work with. i like the bigger helis personally like the 600 but they are more expensive. t rex 450 se v2 for me right now
hound15
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:26 pm
PostPost subject:

If you can afford it my vote is for the T-REX 500.

While it is true that bigger is easier to fix and easier to buy (in my opinion) that is not why I vote. I think you should go for the T-REX 500 because the Belt-CP and the T-REX 450 are in the same class (both are 450 or maybe the belt-cp is classified as a 400 heli, but doesn't matter, my point is the same Wink ) So I think since you're buying a new helicopter you should upgrade to a whole new class and enjoy a totally new experience.

merlin703
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:16 am
PostPost subject:

Hound15, I couldn't agree with you more so this weekend, I will head out to the store to start looking at the T-Rex 500s. Let me know if you have any suggestions at a particular model/series/version. This heli will be my big investment together with my 7channel radio (someone said there is a 10 channel radio being released by Futaba in a few months.. I will do some research on that). I will check my bank account and see when I can make the purchase. Thanks again!
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:24 am
PostPost subject:

I 'd like to jump in by saying that the Rex 500 is a new model, were as the 450's have been around awhile with a lot more of them out there. Easier to get parts & hop-ups and advice if you have trouble with it.
600's are really nice, but Shocked $70 for a set of blades and the batt packs will set you back a good buck too.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> T-REX All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: