Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
puma
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:59 am
PostPost subject: Thinking of buying Belt-CP

Hi Everyone

I've been flying blade cx for 3 months and mastered it so much that I don't find it challenging anymore. I want to buy the Belt-CP. Every review I've read said it's worth the money. I want to get some personal opinion first. Is it worth the money? My local store is adding the Futaba 6EXHP into the package as well so I am really eager to buy it. Any comment will be great. Thanks!
viperx
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:16 am
PostPost subject:

I think the belt CP is alright. It flies steady and all. But if you have a little more budget, maybe consider going for a t-rex or gazaur. The belt CP is really a "plastic" helicopter and to tell you the truth, it looks pretty cheap. Its price is really cheap though, so in terms of is it worth the money... it is.
Troyboy
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:57 pm
PostPost subject:

I just got myself a belt cp and, it is my first C/P heli. great buy and u can bling it to your hearts content.
69maverick
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:47 am
PostPost subject: What to buy??

I have two HB King V2 choppers and one Belt Cp. After its all said and done I like my King V2 Better for several reasons. The HB Kv2 is much lighter so with the same motor and batteries you fly longer and faster. Also the parts from the Belt fit on the HBKV2 perfect. So buy a King and put all teh metal parts on it with T-Rex 450 tail blades and rotor blades for the HB Cool 290mm and you have one hell of a little chopper. I run a E-Sky 3800kv motor with a 10 tooth pinion and a Castle 25amp speed control and an E-sky duel conversion receiver and and all metal head. This thing flies great. Even in some wind she holds up pretty good. My next changes will be a Metal tail with CF T-Rex 450 blades Oh ya I also use T-rex 450 Landing gear.

P.S. The 3800 motor will require a little grinding to make it fit but It's worth it. I also have a Futaba Heli radio but I like the radio that came with the King to start out with if your a beginner then move to the better radio
once you know how to hover and fly a little bit.
scotttommo66
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:52 am
PostPost subject: Re: Thinking of buying Belt-CP

puma wrote:
Hi Everyone

I've been flying blade cx for 3 months and mastered it so much that I don't find it challenging anymore. I want to buy the Belt-CP. Every review I've read said it's worth the money. I want to get some personal opinion first. Is it worth the money? My local store is adding the Futaba 6EXHP into the package as well so I am really eager to buy it. Any comment will be great. Thanks!
well ive got a belt cp ok its not as expensave as a T-REX 450 but its a good starting point to learn to fly with a c.p helicoipter and its cheap to repair unlike more expensave helis on the market.
St Bosse
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:39 pm
PostPost subject:

Also got a Belt CP v2 not so long ago. I have read lots about the plastic versus metal and it seems that "plastic take preference for various reasons:

1) Paying for spare parts is a helluva lot cheaper.
2) Lesson I've learnt, unless you go for the expensive metal CNC parts, you've will most probably get unbalanced metal parts - far removed from real CNC stuff. (Had to de-install most of my metal parts this week to get my heli back to a normal well balanced heli.) Chinese CNC parts DOES NOT answer to the implied precision and unquestionable balance, normally associated by the qualifying statement of "CNC" parts.
3) Technically, plastic parts are more forgiving, lighter and often the preferred choice.
4) Unless you are a very advanced pilot, I seriously doubt if you will ever notice the difference. All you get is bling and a the necessity for 'n higher crash budget.

To sum up - enjoy your heli as is. Save the money for your next bigger heli.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Belt CP All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: