Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Throttle hold on Dx6i

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:39 pm
PostPost subject: Throttle hold on Dx6i

Hi guys,
This is the basic question, in the DX6i, in the "Monitor" window, Throttle, the arrow is at the 1st vertical line on the graph with Throttle Hold OFF, with Throttle Hold ON it is at the lowest end point. Is there a way to get it to a lower setting? like it is in Throttle Hold ON. The reason I ask this is because the blades start to spin (warp speed) as soon as I flip the Throttle Hold Switch OFF! I have reset the TX and re-binded the TX, made no difference. In the "Throttle Curve" window, Hold is set at 0.0%, I lowered it to -5.0%, it made no difference in the "Monitor" window, Throttle, I moved it back to 0.0%.
Now, i have to add this, I have the Phoenix Ice 75, with the Link adapter, but...cannot make it come up on the computer..yet, have been in touch with Castle and talked to a Tech (Joe), still no luck, will get with them today. what i am getting at is that I am sure I made the ESC go crazy with all my stick movements while it was hooked up, could it have made the Throttle stay at its' present position in the "monitor" window?? Could it do that to the DX6i even though I reset it and re-binded?

Photo #1: Throttle Hold ON, actaully it really isn't all the way to the lowest endpoint is it?

Photo #2: Throttle hold is OFF, I need it to go left as far as possible.

Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:27 pm
PostPost subject:

Dr.Tombo will be in soon to see you...
tombo242
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

Location: Santo EstÍv„o, East Algarve, Portugal. 78, but still feels 18.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:38 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Trouble,

My DX6i looks just like yours for Throttle Hold ON/OFF settings.

I have found that the DX6i Throttle Hold seems to react differently with different ESCs. With the Blade 400 if you turn the Tx on the put TH ON and then power up the heli, you will get the blades turning when TH is set OFF.

The manual does state quite clearly that the TH must be off and the stick at low throttle when you power up the heli. My theory here is that the ESC senses the Low Stick position at power up. As TH is giving a lower setting (to ensure cut off) when you take it off the ESC senses the higher setting and powers up the motor.

With my EXI 450 it makes little difference whether I power it up with TH ON or OFF, which leads me to think that it has to be a difference in the ESCs.

Just out of curiousity the Big Lama will not accept TH at all and neither will my Pitts Bipe (now also converted to DX6i). Let you know about the others when I finish building.

Sorry but I can't help with the ICE ESC that's way out of my price range, so I've never had anything to do with it. My speciality is getting the cheapo stuff to work like it should. (Not always easy and not recommended for beginners.)

Tom.
Sponsor

Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:15 am
PostPost subject:

Quote:
Dr.Tombo will be in soon to see you...

LMAO, Very Happy

Tom, No problem, just was wondering, apparently my comp is corrupted somewhere, you know my problems with it...sigh...piece of crap so and so...as much as I would like to keep the Phoenix ICE ESC I think I am going to have to sell it and get a different type, obviously it doesn't like my comp..grrrr. I could keep it and program it the old fashioned way, by listening to the beeps and using the left stick for yes and no answers, but.. there is sooo much else that it has to offer that can only be accessed by the computer that I would be missing prolly half of what it offers which basically means I would be paying more than what I can get from it,.... drat! I swear, somebody just does not want me to fly helis....double grrrr.
Hawzzy
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:21 am
PostPost subject:

Hmmmmmmm...if you are REALLY convinced that "someone" doesnt want you to fly heils...then...i could always take some of that equipment off your hands...ill give it a try!!!!...LOL
Good luck
Tye
Blade mCP X
More to come.....
"twirly side up" and "rubber side down" i always say...
Tye
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:24 am
PostPost subject: post subject

hi trouble,
i saw your question so had a look at my dx6i. i have found when looking at the monitor screen with throttle hold off, lowering the throttle trim moves the pointer to the left as you require. hope that helps.
i have to lower throttle trim on dx6i when using it with the sr c/p to stop the rotors spinning at start up.
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:45 am
PostPost subject:

Hiya chopper,
Yea, I knew about that, just was hopin' I could get by w/o doing that, but...At this point in time I dunno what to do, I can't get the ESC to work in my computer, my comp sux apparently,
I could set it up the old fashioned way or use the Field programming card but neither one of those gives me all the goodies that using the comp does, so..I think I should sell it and get me a different type. Even if using the subtrim works I would be using a $100.00 ESC that is giving me $25.00 service,.... Damn,.... Rolling Eyes not the ESC's fault, it's my computer. Thankyou though Chopper, it is a option.

Hawzzy! Lol, IF you could fit it in, just my motor alone would chew your heli to shreds...
I might give it a try using chopper's idea, and I will make a video of it spinning up, man..it is frikkin' awesome bud, sounds like a Turbo semi truck, it actually kinda scared me the first time, my heart was racing listening to it, waaaaaaay different than a 450, and of course it isnt near as awesome as a 600 or 700.
tombo242
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:53 pm
PostPost subject:

[quote="Trouble"]
Quote:
I swear, somebody just does not want me to fly helis....double grrrr.

Not me Trouble, got too much time invested in your set up training to allow you to give up now. I'll set these guys on you if you even think about it!

Tom.
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:29 pm
PostPost subject:

Hiya Tom!!
Uh-oh, we can't have that!!
Actually, "no worries mate", as our Aussie brothers like to say, 'cuz there is someone out there who does want me to fly, check this out....last night I am sitting at my workbench looking at my Protos all dejected and feeling sorry for my self and my wife says,.." you know, you can use my laptop and see if that works"... Shocked Shocked Shocked OMG, I just wanted to get my baseball bat and hit myself over the head!

I managed to control my shakes and cold sweat and turned to her and said very calmly, "I just had an epiphany!!"...and she says, "i'm sorry to hear that, does it hurt?"... Rolling Eyes... I said "No, fool, I just had an idea!"... After I got up off the ground with a nice lookin' black eye, I said, "why don't I use your laptop to get this done?" She just rolled her eyes and sighed...?? Confused What? what I say that was wrong?
After 30 minutes of trying to figure out how to open her laptop, I gave it back to her Embarassed after 3 minutes of her working on it I had the firmware Downloaded and on screen ready for me to use my highly skilled computer expertise...I mumbled "thx honey" without looking into her eyes....
Everything is now A-ok!! I had actually gone ahead and tried what Chopper suggested and lowered my external throttle trim tab to 0%, that did work! But now, I have it properly adjusted by using the endpoints in the ESC so now my trim tabs are back to normal.
One of the best lessons I learned here (besides the one where you do NOT call a Mexican girl Fool Wink ) is to ALWAYS take your main blades OFF when testing, having a heli, much less a large heli suddenly spin up to almost 100% while you are working on it in the blink of an eye ain't funny!! At all!
Maybe this afternoon I will try to maiden the Protos!! just kinda hard to see out of one eye right now........
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:29 pm
PostPost subject: post subject

hi trouble,
please dont ever leave this forum, your humourous posts always make
me laugh. lucky you are a computer genius it has saved the day again.
good luck with the maiden on your heli. Cool
i hope your eye is soon better. Laughing
tombo242
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:56 pm
PostPost subject:

glad to hear it Trouble. Can't have you giving up or (as our ozzy cousins say) "Give up and you'll turn into a Drongo mate".

Tom.

P.S. Had my first fixed wing flight of the year with the Pitts bipe yesterday. I know it's a helicopter forum, but think of it as one of Jacks helis!
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:28 am
PostPost subject:

Hiya Chopper!
How could I leave my family? Ya'll have been with me since the beginning, Everything I know has been because of ya'll. You might have noticed I have a quick temper also, but no one can come in here and diss my family and expect to get away with it
Anyhoo, the maiden did not turn out...sigh...havin' Trouble with the rudder, I know I have gone thru this b4 but danged if I can remember...but everything seems fine, it was ready to fly, just got to get the rudder fixed.

Hey Tombo!
you of all people know I am not gonna give up, I am just very tempermental, or is that just mental?...ah, don't matter, all same same to me.
So, flew a plank huh? A bipe? i love bipes, I really like the Wacos that are out these days Waco
tombo242
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:16 pm
PostPost subject:

Thanks Trouble,

I like the Waco, always liked biplanes - built my first one (stick & tissue) in 1947. Here's my Pitts, you can just see the cam under the top wing. Thought it would give a "Pilots Eye View". It's about 4 years old now and showing many signs of combat fatigue. Landing on that rough stoney ground does not help. Had to take the spats off the wheels to stop nosing in.

Tom.
(Got 4 helis as well!)
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:00 pm
PostPost subject:

Beautiful
Waco
But, for some reason I am attached to this one, just something about it...wierd plane
tombo242
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:32 pm
PostPost subject:

Agreed Trouble, there's something very compelling about that 'weird plane'. Makes you want to see just what it can do.

Tom.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion