Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Walkera Goto page 1, 2  Next

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ric36012
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:45 am
PostPost subject: total help

Hey guys. I really appreaciat all the help. Is it a US thing or what? I don't think I will be back here any time soon... Sorry to be a bother to ya
Ric36012
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:47 am
PostPost subject: not wanting to be a bother

Thanks for all the support you are so quick to announce. I will remember this in the future. Not to go here!!!!!!
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:05 am
PostPost subject:

Did I miss something Rolling Eyes
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:21 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi DT,

I think that he's upset the nobody responded to his last post about New Servos, I know anyone of the regulars would have helped if they could, but I don't have a Walkera TX and I don't like to guess at things, as I'm sure most people don't.

I'm sorry to see anybody leave the forum, but we can't be all things to all people, Ric36012 if your still listening, love to help your but will need a lot more detail on what you want because I don't have a set up similar to yours.
Ric36012
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:55 pm
PostPost subject: appology:

I want to appologise to any one that I offended. I got very frustrated, being a novice, and trying to do things that I know nothing about.
Admiral and DT, I am sorry for any offence that I caused you. Please accept my appology, and Admiral, I did find usefull info from the sites you sent me. My sinsere thanks. Again, thanks for being there, Danny Embarassed
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:19 am
PostPost subject:

Hello Ric36012,

OK so what's the problem with your heli?
Ric36012
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:43 am
PostPost subject: new servoes

Hey Burges, just trying to put my V400do2 with Devo 7 transmitter. Been put together twice, and now for the 3rd time. Can't seem to get the servoes right and the transmitter is all foren to me. Watched some videos from Admiral and had some good luck. I have been working out of town so rebuild time is slow. Never had a 3-D before and just want it to hover and go forward and backward. I guess I got impatient, but all the articales I read say easy this and easy that, but I never find the easy things he he he. Anyway, thank you for responding, and any help you can give an old man will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, 'Danny
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:17 pm
PostPost subject:

Hey Danny,

Can you briefly describe the situation with your V400D02.

The V400D02 has a similar architecture to the Walkera 60#B only without fly-bar and I have a Walkera 60#B.

Burgess
Ric36012
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:45 am
PostPost subject: V400D02

Hey Burgess, I guess I should have sent it back the first time, but now I am reaping the headache and not a lot of time to work on it. The first time , I did everything the papers told me to do. The first flight, it took off to the left and then crashed in the fence. Really tore up. Rebuilt as best I could, went for test flight and was going great, then all of a sudden, it shot straight up and then I had no control with the radio. Crash number two,. I have gotten new servos , new main gear, new shaft, new rear motor. Now everyone I talk to says to set up the radio first. So now I am really confused!!
The instructions are very vague and hard to understand. Even when I talked to one of the techs, he had no idea what I was talking about.
Sorry to bend your ear so much, but I would really like to fly this bird. Anyway, I thank you for taking time to listen and i would appreciate any advice. Thanks again, Danny
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:11 am
PostPost subject:

Ok Danny, So you've got servos, main gear, shaft, and rear motor.

You will need the following:
Down load manual from here
http://www.rtf-heli.com/Downloads.html

Down load exploded drawing of components from here
http://www.helipal.com/images/Helipal-v400d02-diagram-big-1.jpg

Check this:
Did the blades sustain any damage during the crash, if so, the feathering shaft may-well be bent and the radial bearings may also be damaged.

Drop one main rotor blade off, and using an Allen wrench or hex driver, insert into the screw in the blade holder and rotate the feathering shaft round and round. If either blade holder waggles about, the feathering shaft is bent. Pop the pitch link rods off the blade holders and twist them back and forth if there is any noise or cogging with either blade holder the bearing are damaged.

The rotor housing and blade holders are sold complete assembly.

Nevertheless, you could always strip down the rotor head and see if the bearing can be replaced, first soak in acetone then drift out bearings if possible.

However, it is easer to get a camel on the London Eye than getting a radial bearing out of a Walkera blade holder. 'Laughing'

Servos: Pop-off the 3 link rods off the swashplate Remove wire holders, unplug from receiver and remove the two servo mounting screws, and remove servo arms. Pop the radial arms off the swashplate,
unscrew the machine screw that secures the main gear to the shaft, and extract the shaft complete with washout base clamp and alloy collar, up out of the main bearings.

Take measurements of the main shaft top to washout base, and bottom to alloy collar and assemble the new main shaft assembly using those measurements.

Fit new main shaft assembly into main frame and main drive gear and secure with machine screw and nut.
Ric36012
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:36 am
PostPost subject: new servoes

Thank you very much Burgess. Getting it together slowly because of work. Also, thanks for the downloads. I have already got the main shaft and gear in. t The feathering shaft and bearings are still good.
Back home on Sunday and after a bike (Harley) ride, I shall get to work on the bird. Thanks again, Danny
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:28 am
PostPost subject:

Which Harley do you own?
I owned a few bikes back in the 1960s and 70s.
My Ariel Red Hunter was like this:
http://classic-motorbikes.net/images/gallery/11979.jpg

Burgess
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:14 pm
PostPost subject:

http://www.electric-rc-helicopter.com/phpbb/userpix/4331_05harley_015_3.jpg
http://www.electric-rc-helicopter.com/phpbb/userpix/4331_worldofwheels_001_1.jpg

My bikes.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:32 pm
PostPost subject:

Couldn't resist jumping in here! Razz
I've had a whole series of BSA motorcycles before the industry went bust.

Here's me and my younger daughter - not on BSAs -
back in 1976, Cranwell, Lincolnshire, UK.

My last BSA was a sister ship
to this one. (circa 1967.)

Tom.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:16 pm
PostPost subject:

Two wheels and wind in your hair...just like two wings and lots of wind in your face, those were the days. 'Razz'

Tom, I remember Lincolnshire rain comes in side-ways straight-off the North sea. Saw the ground one night go from dark to white the line moved very quickly across the ground and then engulfed me.

What's the best format for up loading graphics, I can mange to up load from my digital, but old photos I need to scan first the up load and I've not found which works.

My Goldie's fuel consumption was excellent for a Clubmans on racing timing, with the high ratio first gear of the RRT2 gearbox and the clip-ons made it difficult to handle in slow moving traffic. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BSA_GOLD_STAR_MOTORCYCLE.jpg

My Triton was like this one but had siamese exhaust rather than swept-backs. http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C334625 Triton Bonneville T120 650cc pre-unit construction mill with Norton slick shift gearbox in a slim-line Norton frame. I tuned the engine and exhaust system, ballistic in 2 to 3 seconds, never did find what the max top speed was.

My T6 was like this: http://classic-motorbikes.net/images/gallery/10718.jpg it dropped the right hand con-rod and ripped open the crankcase. That was the only engine I didn't strip-down and rebuild.

Last edited by Burgess on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Walkera All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: