Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Trex 450SEV2 Vs Hdx450SE

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
71Delta
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:00 pm
PostPost subject: Trex 450SEV2 Vs Hdx450SE

Hello All,

Im very excited to be here and read all your postings and inputs on the great Hobby of RC helis. May I start by saying I have Some experience in Flying Micro helis and do pretty well with hovering,landing and maneuvering them but they get old after a while with only throttle up and go options with very little forward motion input 2 channel radios etc. and now I want to move up to a more realistic type of heli.
I have been looking on ebay and have found a couple that I like and would like to know what you guys think about the Two in there differences and options that would best suit a medium novice pilot like myself.

So What is the differences between the Trex450SE V2 and the Trex HDX 450SE ? The price I know is a little cheaper for the HDX as that is what gets my attention right now the most. I want something a little more advanced than the Bladecx2 because I'm looking at the total investment as I want something that I can learn on and grow with as I advance in flight experience without having to buy three or more helis down the road with tons of parts radios etc. Hopefully someday I will be doing a few tricks so a 3-D heli that is still tame to fly and cruise around realistically would be nice.
If You were to build one of these HDX helis what do you Recommend as far as the electronics,spare parts and so forth? and where to buy a HDX at a fair reasonable price?

Any Help here would be Appreciated.
Regards,

71delta
maruey
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:19 am
PostPost subject:

Hi, the HDX450SE is basically a knockoff of the T-REX 450 by Align. If I am to be completely honest with you I'll have to say the flight capabilities of the two will be very similar. But if I was to recommend you one I'd say definitely go for Align's T-REX because its build quality is much better and more solid. Align has made a good name for them selves in the RC scene and for a good reason. Their stuff may be a bit higher priced than their counter parts stuff but they sure are more valuable.

That's my 2C. Wink

Now to make use of the new feature just added an hour ago by the admin. Here are the two heli side by side

Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:24 am
PostPost subject:

Quality is what you are paying for... I am old school and do believe that you get what you pay for....
I couple of months ago I saw one of those knock off aluminum tails for the T-Rex and got it for 25 bucks.... I thought I got a good deal.
WRONG, after about 5-6 flights my heli got a bad tail wag. To the point it was hard to land safely since I am still learning my hover orientations..
The part was junk, no bearings on the linkage arm just a threaded screw about to fall out. Went to the LHS and got the Align part, 30 or more flights later still working great and tight as the day I got it.

Lesson learned.
Going cheap will cost you more in the end...
71Delta
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:20 am
PostPost subject:

Thank you Guys, Yes I see You Are all every bit Right. There is a saying you get what you pay for, or you Gotta pay to play, Well I Guess I was thinking with my Wallet last night Confused .
However I Want a nice Heli That I can learn with and be able to advance with the Same outfit and heli. I am currently restoring my '74 corvette so that means I don't want to buy multiple Helis just to get a nice one that I should have purchased in the first place.
I Watched a learning how to Hover video and many other training proceedure videos a little bit ago here.. http://www.raptortechnique.com/learning.htm
And To me That Looks down right Super Fun! with a nice Heli and Setup. I am still trying to make up my mind what I want -Trex450Se / Mini Titan / Or Go for a Thunder tiger Raptor-30 Nitro as demo'd in the Video training sessions.
I guess I will continue to do some more homework and ask some more questions.

Crashagain wrote:
Quality is what you are paying for... I am old school and do believe that you get what you pay for....
I couple of months ago I saw one of those knock off aluminum tails for the T-Rex and got it for 25 bucks.... I thought I got a good deal.
WRONG, after about 5-6 flights my heli got a bad tail wag. To the point it was hard to land safely since I am still learning my hover orientations..
The part was junk, no bearings on the linkage arm just a threaded screw about to fall out. Went to the LHS and got the Align part, 30 or more flights later still working great and tight as the day I got it.

Lesson learned.
Going cheap will cost you more in the end...
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: