Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

TurboHawk RC Helicopter, noob question

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat Allies
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:00 pm
PostPost subject: TurboHawk RC Helicopter, noob question

Hi All
I bought myself a belated xmas gift today, a Protocol TurboHawk from future shop. I followed the instructions and all I can get is the chopper spinning to the left on the ground. Not expecting miricles but would at least get it to lift off;) Any suggestions?
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:11 am
PostPost subject:

Pat:

One set of rotor blades is running faster than the other set. That's what's causing the spin. Co-axail rc helicopter use the different speed of the blades to control direction. If you balance the rootor speed she will go up. There should be an adjustment either on the transmitter or on the receiver to correct the rotor speed and get them balanced.

Do yourself a favor - Get a Blade helicopter from a real Hobby Shop and all your problems will go away. Plus the real Hobby Shop will help you correct your model if you have problems.

jack
billism
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:44 am
PostPost subject:

I have a Protocol TurboHawk as well. Got it last week. It works great. It is my 2nd RC helicopter. I've only had another cheaper 3-channel no gyro co-axial.

Yea, one of the blades on yours is spinning faster or slower than it should. Even with the trim all the way to one direction, mine can take off. I'd recommend exchanging it if you can.

I was actually surprised how easy it is to control. Pretty awesome for a $35 toy. If you can get a replacement, I would also recommend getting some spare blades if you can find any.
Sponsor

billism
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:28 am
PostPost subject:

Actually, I'm sorry, I got the model names mixed up. I had the Protocol TurboHawk, first. It worked fine. No gyro, so it takes more interaction to control. I then got the Protocol TracerJet, which has a metal frame and a gryo, which makes it much easier to control.
Pat Allies
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:18 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi again. I took the turbohawk back and found a local shop that is helping me a better starter bird. Thanks for the help.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: