Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Upset with Hobby King

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:02 pm
PostPost subject: Upset with Hobby King

I'm very upset with Hobby King.

I ordered (2007143311) a quad frame, four (4) motors, four (4) 25 Amp ESC's and a KK2 Quad board. I got conformation that the order was on it's way. Today July 10, 2013 I went up to the post office to collect my Package all the way from Hong Kong China.

Great anticipation with the contents I opened up the box, Mark FRAGILE. The box looked like a Tank ran over it, a Big tank but that's not Hobby Kings fault. After going through the box and carefully removing the contents I found the motors, Esc' and quad frame. BUT where's the most important part. The much sought after KK2 board. A very hard part to get as it's almost always on backorder. I rechecked all the packing. NUTS - No KK board. I've waited all this time and my order is not correct.

I went to the Hobby King web site to see what had happened. There's the missing KK2 board marked 'UNPAID'. I thought, I know I paid for it but I'll check PayPal. Sure enough I did pay for it. The price of the order was $ 148.12 America dollars and the red label stamped on my mangled box is $ 177.00 America dollars. A difference of $ 28.88. I little quick math in my old 72 year old brain said that's with in pennies of the price of the KK2 board.

It's now apparent that with all the parts that I ordered some how the KK2 got left out of the shipping box. I file a complaint for missing parts with Hobby King. Hobby King being the class act and one of the biggest RC parts company's in the world I knew would correct the problem. Which they have. I should see with in hours that my KK2 board is on it way. BUT - BUT - Now I've got to wait for another 3 to 6 weeks for the board to get here. I will have assembled all the parts I got today with out the KK2. So that's the part that really sucks about ordering on line from a company on the other side of this little plant we live on. Waiting is not one of the things I do well. Main reason I hate going to the doctors off - waiting.

I hope my old body will hold out long enough for the KK2 to get here.

Jack
ferretmaster
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

Location: Casa Grande AZ, USA. 66 and yes! Heli's reverse aging!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:30 am
PostPost subject: I hear 'ya PJ!

I agree that it sucks to have mistakes made on orders that take so long to get to us here in the USA.

I also have a problem with a pinion gear for my Mi-24 (HK600 mechanics).

With the motor size I have I need a 13T pinion gear with a 6mm shaft hole in it. I have no idea what the module is, but it is a bit different from the HK500 size, that I know as I have both. Back to the issue at hand. HK sent me the wrong Pinion gear, two of them as that was my order quantity. The bag(s) are marked correctly but the contents are pinions for the 500 size. Wrong module, wrong shaft dia. but do have the correct tooth count. I have shot off two emails to Hobby King in the last two days and am waiting for a reply.

Bottom line....I COULD spent three times or more dollars to get the pinions somewhere else, but I have placed many (46 as of yesterday) orders with Hobby King and this is the first error.

I am aware that it takes a long time for packages to make their way out of Hong Kong and through customs inspection in New York, so I am prepared for the wait. The dollars saved are worth it to me. At 65 years I too am concerned that I might expire prior to a package arrival, but what the h**l, the grandkids will get some great "toys"!

Good Luck with your order PJ and Hang In There Buddy!!
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:11 pm
PostPost subject:

I went to an online live chat with 'Henry' at HK. They corrected (I Think) right away.

I too have had many orders and they have never screwed up. Always correct service and super good prices.

Yesterday and part of my on going boredom with retirement, I started assembling the X252 450 size quad. I'm short 4 inch and a 1/4 screws. That added to my frustration. While installing the four motors (SK3-2826-1240) I found that you must attach the prop hub assembly to the head of the motor. They are held on with three (3) little bitty bolts. So I test fitted one. attached the 10X4.5 inch propeller. Damn is that a good looking assembly. removed everything and did it over again using blue lock tight.
I wouldn't want anything to come undone while in flight. One of the little bitty bolt holding the prop hub assembly broke off up inside the motors head???? What the hell!!!

So Lets recap. Didn't get KK2 FC Board, missing 4 hex head 1 & 1/4 bolts, and now a motor with a broken prop hub assembly.

I got brunt on an EBay coaling tower for $ 100.00 that never showed up for the O-Gauge train layout. EBay can't help?

I'm wonder if to Hobby Gods are telling me I have to many toys and I should stop and smell the roses of life instead of spending all my time in the Man Cave playing with toys.

Food for thought!!

Life is good.

I am going to send a post to Hobby King about the motor. Not getting a good feeling about using it now. Plus there's no way I can remove and replace the little bitty bolt?
Plus the motors were like $ 15.00 or 17.00 dollars each and I did NOT over tighten the bolt.

The four shorted bolts I go to the local Hardware and buy replacements. However Hobby King should know that there quality control of there kit suppliers is lacking.

Have a good day all of you and thanks for looking at my post.

jack

PS: I love dogs!!!!!!
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:14 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Jack,

That coaling tower sounds a real bummer, but it's good to know that things are better with HK. If everyone on this forum stopped using them they would lose a small fortune! I would be delighted if some genie could make all the money I've spent with them appear on the table - not from their bank account of course!

We seem to have some greater than usual delays in trans-world shipping these days. Perhaps the donkeys are short of carrots?

Tom.
laneritc
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:10 am
PostPost subject:

http://www.headsuphobby.com/main.sc HI Jack don't know if you ever use this place but it's worth a look. Not far from you great prices and super fast shipping for $2.00. Very Happy
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:43 am
PostPost subject:

Yes - I do use them. My local hobby shop just a few blocks from here never has what I need. They seem to be a RC car place mostly.

I needed some female jst plugs and found heads up just a few week ago. I ordered from them and had the plugs in two days. Just last week I got 20 deans plus and 5 more jst plgs plus a prop balancer all to $ 2.00 shipping. And I got a 7.4 volt 1500 mha battery for my new mini quad. Only $ 9.95 and came with a deans plug on it.

It's a great hobby shop. I must make a trip there some time.

Thanks for the heads up though.

jack
ferretmaster
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:26 pm
PostPost subject: It appears.......

It appears that Hobby King will resolve my issue of them sending a set of TREX 500 size pinion gears rather than the TREX 600 size i needed by sending me the correct (as ordered) pinion gear(s).

What complicated the issue for my case was the packaging that the two pinion gears came in had the correct tag(s) for the TREX 600 gear(s) I ordered but contained TREX 500 components.

Hobby King is sending me the two gears at no additional charge to me and I am not required to return the incorrect parts. Freight would have been 5X the cost of the items. I had several email exchanges with them including numerous photos of the packaging and dimensions of the incorrect shaft(s).

I have requested that HK measure the pitch (modulus) tooth count and shaft size in an attempt to make sure the gear(s) are correct and did not come from the same batch of mis-marked pinions the original shipment came from.
ferretmaster
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:02 am
PostPost subject: On the way!

HK says my pinion gears have shipped today. 29/7/13

I have read a few of the postings in the feedback column at HK for this item and it seems that I am not the only one that has a 5mm shaft rather than the required 6mm (and incorrect module) pinion when ordering this part.

I requested that HK hand check this shaft dimension and the module for accuracy prior to sending it out to me. The results should be interesting!!!!

Stay tuned to this thread for further updates to this particular issue.

Sorry for running off with your thread pjdog. It is on the same subject!!
cupids
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:03 am
PostPost subject: cupids

Have a good day boring
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:12 am
PostPost subject: Re: cupids

cupids wrote:
Have a good day boring

Would you like to explain this Cupids? I don't understand how it fits into this thread!

Tom.
ferretmaster
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:44 am
PostPost subject: Re: cupids

cupids wrote:
Have a good day boring

Hey......I'm 65 and retired and have nothing else that will keep me off the streets at night! In Casa Grande....not a good idea! Shocked

My parts are in the mail...I think..... Rolling Eyes
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:06 pm
PostPost subject:

My parts are on the way also. When I ordered my second quad with all the parts required but I failed to notice that the motors required a prop assembly. All the other motors I have the prop assembly came with the motors. But I guess the manufacture thought they could get more money out of you if they sold them prop assembly separately?

So I've had my Whirlwind 450 assemblied, all set up with a KK2 board but have been waiting for the prop assembly for weeks now.

That's the bad side of buying from Hobby King. It takes a long time to get the parts. HK also failed to include the KK2 board in the original order. They had the KK2 marked as 'waiting for payment'. PayPal said I already paid. I'm was not happy with HK - but stuff happens.

jack
ferretmaster
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:02 am
PostPost subject: Part arrived.....

My pinion shaft(s) arrived today and as I expected, they are marked as HK600 13T-6mm shaft pinion gears, but the bags as befor, contain HK500 13T- 5mm shaft pinions.

I immediately took the requisite photos of the item with a digital caliper showing the 5mm shaft and also the packaging. HK got an earful this time as I directly asked to measure the shaft and check the tooth profile (modula) against a known good HK600 drive gear. Also to remove the incorrect bagged parts from inventory and restock with correct HK600 pinions. None of this has happened as the discussion area for this part on the HK website has a number of people complaining about the same thing!

Should be interesting to see what HK does now!!!
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:02 pm
PostPost subject:

Sure is flustrating after waiting for shipment only to find out that what you had already told them was true. Plus they didn't listen?

Good way to lose customers.

jack
ferretmaster
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:22 pm
PostPost subject:

pjdog wrote:
Sure is flustrating after waiting for shipment only to find out that what you had already told them was true. Plus they didn't listen?

Good way to lose customers.

jack

Not sure "Listen" is quite correct Laughing as it was written format but still pi$$e$ me off!
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: