Alloy Shark heli any good?

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkristian
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:49 am
PostPost subject: Alloy Shark heli any good?

Hey guys im new to this site, im getting into this hobby as its always been a dream of mine to have one, so far ive practised on a micro heli and i became pretty good at it, now im willing to upgrade to something a bit bigger, i was wondering if this is a good choice for a heli, Atm i can get is for 120 dollers australian, however i was told that it is mostly for indoor flight, but can be flown outdoors? Is this the case or is this an inside job only....Also there is a heli for 80 dollers australian but is designed for outdoors flight only. The quality is questionable though so do you think the alloy shark is ok?

http://www.cobratoys.com/Cobra_3_Channel_S006_Alloy_Shark_RC_Helicopter_p/l99133.htm
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:54 am
PostPost subject:

Hi mkristian,

I started the in Co-axials with an Alloy Shark S006 great little helicopter tough as they come, but I got rid of it in favour of a couple of 4 Channel helicopters, the main reason was that being 3 Channel it has the throttle on the left Mode 2 style, my preference is to fly Mode 1 throttle on the right. I found that I couldn' have both I could fly either when thing were going well but when thing went wrong I would kill the throttle rather than pulling up etc. If you plan to fly mode 2 (US style) when you progress the S006 will be good for you, if you plan to fly Mode 1 (Aust & Euro Style) I would start out with a mode 1, 4 channel such as MCX or CX2 and a Mode 1 flight SIM or if your going Mode 2 a mode 2 Flight SIM.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:07 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Folks,

Good advise from Admiral.

I would say that you would need absolute zero wind to fly an Alloy Shark S006 outdoors. They are not really designed to do this despite the sales text.

As for the mode, there is no rule for which mode is used in which part of the world. The general thing is to use the mode which either suites you or most people that you will fly with use. Here in Europe most of us fly mode 2 (sorry Admiral), but there are some with mode 1 and just a few with mode 3 & 4. (3 & 4 move one of the functions of 1 & 2 to the opposite stick and vis versa, but these are very rarely used.)
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:35 am
PostPost subject:

Hi All,

Modes are a bit of personal choice in Australia too, probably 70/30 in favour of mode 1.

Your right about the S006 being a no wind helicopter, its so stable that the small tail rotor has trouble getting any forward movement even in calm conditions
vicadatoys
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:47 pm
PostPost subject:

Dear mkristian,

Have a good day.I have checked your link,and we are original manufacturer from China,we can supply it with low price,this is our website: www.vicadatoys.com, and here is the model you interest : http://www.vicadatoys.com/en/main/productshow.asp?id=628,it's the same one as the one you you like.And you can find more good models in these website.

Best regards
Naev
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:16 pm
PostPost subject:

Syma s006 alloy shark is a good heli in between toy heli and hobby grade. But it' s quite difficult if you face the spinning problem which is not easy to trim.
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:57 pm
PostPost subject: post subject

Hi mkristian,
my advice is to not rush into buying a heli until you know a little more about the hobby. read more of the forum, learn a bit more and then decide which is the way you want to go. i have recently bought the blade 120sr and i think its great for indoors or out and the parts are cheap and easy to get. getting spares is important too. do you have a local hobby shop. pay them a visit and check what stuff they stock its less hassle than mail order and quicker to get back in the air after a crash. flying heli's is very addictive and once you get started you will buy more heli's anyway.
one is never enough. happy flying. Very Happy
Tom Lauten
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:00 pm
PostPost subject:

I was given an Alloy Shark and it is nice. I have been struggling with their tendancies to spin everytime you power it up and forward motion seems to be an issue outdoors, it's very sensitive to head wind. You need some space indoors to get it stable, it then seems to fly pretty confidently.

I have trouble getting a smooth ground take off as it wants to spin, go "tail back" and roll over unless I really make a sharp lift off and get away from the ground effect pretty sharpish. I have heard others have the EXACT same issue.

It is a handsome heli and a confident size. Seems solid too.

Like all of these "cheap" coaxials there is the "luck of the draw" (LOD) factor with the individual model itself but they seem to have these issues in common. I got an S032 which is smaller by about 20% and not as "cool" looking but (so far) I have had good luck with my model (the LOD gods are smiling so far). I so wish the Alloy Shark was as cooperative in terms of handling as it's a beaut.
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:03 am
PostPost subject:

The S006 is a good little indoor job ... forget outdoors unless you add a little weight under the nose to force it forwards ... basically the tail rotor needs slightly more pitch to be more effective.

But as a learner for moving onto more able machines ? Sorry but there are better trainer machines leading onto CP machines.

The spinning is correctable by reading page 4 and ignoring the potentiometer text ... trim, switch off ... on and trim again ... keep repeating till it flies steady.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: