Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> T-REX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
camoflight
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:04 pm
PostPost subject: T-REX 100 Transmitter Compatibility

I'm very interested in the T-REX 100, it being made with Align and so that ensures quality and more importantly parts availability. One thing I am not sure about is the transmitter compatibility. I've looked around and no one seems to mention this. I know that the kit comes with a transmitter but I'm not sure which brand of transmitter it is. Also, not too sure if other transmitter can be used with it. You know how e-flite helis can use spektrum transmitter... Would love to know if the T-REX will be able to do the same, maybe with another brand...?

Any info would be great. Thanks all Smile
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:37 pm
PostPost subject:

Wish I could help - but there is no information on intermodel compatibility available. As this is a fixed pitch heli the Tx does not need to be as complex as one for a CCP heli. Of course that does not mean that it is different.

However, at a total of $130 USD in the UK for the combo, I don't see how the Tx can be that good! But there again, I could be wrong.

Tom.
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:59 am
PostPost subject:

As far as I know about the Rex 100 you need to use the Tx that comes with it and the Tx won't work with other helis. Bummer!
If you can stand to wait a few months to buy the Rex100 I'd bet Align will have a 100 flybarless out by then. With any luck it'll be a BNF (bind & fly) so we can use the Tx we have and like.
silhouette015
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 pm
PostPost subject:

Dumb Thumbs wrote:
As far as I know about the Rex 100 you need to use the Tx that comes with it and the Tx won't work with other helis. Bummer!
If you can stand to wait a few months to buy the Rex100 I'd bet Align will have a 100 flybarless out by then. With any luck it'll be a BNF (bind & fly) so we can use the Tx we have and like.

If that was the case then I totally agree. A little patience will go a long way! Very Happy
camoflight
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:09 pm
PostPost subject:

Thanks for the reply all.

Dumb Thumbs wrote:

That you very much for that insight. I did some search and it turns out you're right, a flybarless version will be out soon! Here's a post I made about it.

Thanks again Very Happy.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> T-REX All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: