Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Honey Bee
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimT
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:50 am
PostPost subject: Main rotor doesn't spin on my Dragonfly RC helicopter

Hi all,

I took my brand-new Dragonfly (CB180, 2.4GHz) out for a spin. The main rotor spun, the bird went up. I landed it. Then the main rotor stoped working. Laning was pretty soft, in my opinion. All other controls on the helicopter seem to work (the tail rotor seems to be a bit touchy).

I may have messed with the settings on my transmitter, so I'm hoping it's as simple as that.

I'm a novice, so please be patient.

Is there anything I can check with a volymeter? All connections seem to be landed appropriatley.

Thanks
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:22 am
PostPost subject:

I don't have one of these but I do have a question or two for you.

1. Does the main motor turn at all? You say the rotor does not turn but all else is OK. It could be just a gear missing/slipping on the motor to rotor gears.

2. Is the battery charge enough to arm the ESC. You need at least 3.5V/cell, most ESCs cut out at 3.2V/cell and the cells can drop to this when under load.

If you haven't touched the TX settings then they should not have changed. The only thing that I can think of there is that you may have accidentally put the 'Throttle Hold' switch on. Check this one!

More info and we may be able to help more.

Tom.
magyarbacsi
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:15 am
PostPost subject: main rotor doesnt spin Dragonfly

What I have experienced with mine is that not so perfect landings at time shoved the motor out of alignment just far enough that the gears did not mash. If that's the case, loosen the two screws that hold the motor to the frame and shove it back against the gear. It slips back too easily. Now if the motor does not spin at all... could it be jammed/. Loosen the screws to the motor and away from the gear an see if it free wheels. If so, than something is keeping the main gear/head assembly from spinning. I don't think there is any radio setting that would keep the motor from running from any type of landing. I have the same copter and radio and there are no setting you can change to keep the motor from working when you move the throttle stick forward.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Honey Bee All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: