Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

brushless esc with brushed motor?

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aprhockey
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:07 am
PostPost subject: brushless esc with brushed motor?

In the article about brushless motors, you said that a brushless motor will not work with a brushed esc. Is it possible the other way around, a brushed motor with a brushless esc? I don't want to spend even more money on a new motor when I don't have to.
Thank you for you time.
midnite
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:15 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Aprhockey,

That's a very good question. I've never thought about it. Today I'll be going to my local flying field and I'll ask around for you. But even if it does work, I think it won't be such a seamless match. I suggest you get a brushless motor though because according to your question it seems like you already have a brushless esc. Two reasons for that. First, it'll just work better and more responsive, giving you a much more enjoyable flight. And second and more importantly, if you try the combination and it doesn't work - or worse - works at first then fail in mid air, then you'll crash your helicopter and have to spend even more on repair. So that's my suggestion.

Also, brushless motor have dropped quite considerably in price. If you're looking to get a bargain, check on ebay and go for sellers based in Hong Kong or Taiwan. Make sure they're power sellers though.

Hope that helps.
aprhockey
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:00 am
PostPost subject: Thank You

Thank You midnite

Unfortunately, it looks like I'll have to spend more money. And I guess I'll have to buy a new tail motor as well because its with the same setup.
Thanks again.
midnite
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:40 pm
PostPost subject:

Aprhockey,

I went to the local flying field as I said and I asked around. No one knows for sure weather the combination will work because they've never tried it and never seen anyone tried it. But they all agree with me that it's not recommended. Wait till I go to my local shop, I guess the technician should know. Now I'm curious also, does anyone know the real answer?
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: