Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pappy K
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:04 pm
PostPost subject: Walkera 2801Pro Transmitter

Ok Y'all who besides me uses one of these things AND how do you rate it AND have you found it to have any Idiosyncrasies!

I have found that it does not seem to like my Walkera Lama3 Coax. Last Saturday it would not fly it properly. When I changed to a Walkera 2401 Tx it went Ok. That is until I turned the rotors into toothpicks Sad

I read somewhere once (can't find it again) that the Lama3, although a 4ch coax could be programed into the WK2801 using the 8ch Tx to run a 4ch heli thus allowing for greater programability of flight characteristics.

That's enough for openers!
nick_onelove
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:28 pm
PostPost subject:

I'm still using a 2801PRO on my V500D01, but only because I've been too lazy/haven't had the time to order and install the new DEVO-8 receiver/gyro unit.

My only real complaint though is the programming interface, it feels cluttered and isn't very intuitive. And it's not really a problem for us heli guys, but if you fly planes I've heard of people having range issues. The DEVO addresses both of these problems with a touch-screen interface and with selectable power amplification, respectively.

You absolutely can fly 4-ch. helis on more advanced radios. For example, my Blade 120 SR (FP) feels like an entirely different heli on my DX8. One thing to watch out for with Walkera's new helis is transmitter compatibility. All of their old receivers will only work with the 2801PRO, and all of their new receivers and helis from here on out out will only work with their new DEVO transmitters.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: