Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Back in it for the long haul!!

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJ820
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:12 am
PostPost subject: Back in it for the long haul!!

Did a little with a nitro rc heli about 10 plus years ago ( crashed that is ) got rid of everything and was done with it. Was on amazon a month ago and got a little indoor heli and having a lot of fun with it. Bought a real flight 6.5 and flying on my pc. Now with the question, where to now? I think I'll go electric this time, but rtf or build so that you know the ins and outs of the heli. Transmitter with a kit or on it's own. Is there one kind or brand that is better than another or are they all about the same. I have about 4 months before good weather, so I have time. Any help would be much appreciated.
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:37 am
PostPost subject:

Hi JJ820,

Welcome to the forum.

Electric is the way to go, less noise, less mess, as for better brands, at the entry level you would have to look at E-Flite Blade helicopters they cover the full range, there are spare parts readily available and they mostly have a good track record, they are a bit more expensive though. If you want to go with Blade that puts you on the Spektrum Transmitter path which I don't believe is a bad thing. Probably the best way to get one would be buy the Blade 450 RTF (Ready to Fly) which comes with a DX6i transmitter, while you waiting for the weather to improve buy a smaller BNF (Bind and Fly) indoor helicopter that you can bind to the DX6i.

As for you other question better to buy RTF or Build, you learn more about RC Helicopters by building but to learn to fly you don't want to start with something build by a person who has no experience if you do go that way have it checked over and test hovered by an experience flyer before you start.

Keep us informed of your progress.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: