Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

The UK law and quads

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:00 am
PostPost subject: The UK law and quads

Drones have certainly evolved a pace now there's growing call for them to registered.

An article in the Telegraph
Drone law in the UK
extract:

Mr Knowles was fined £800 and ordered to pay costs of £3,500 at the Furness and District Magistrate court, after being prosecuted by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) for flying a drone within 50 metres of the Jubilee Bridge on the Walney Channel and flying over a nuclear installation, the BAE System submarine-testing facility.

"There is concern here that the use of these devices do pose a safety risk, and there have been incidents in the past year of collisions with other aircraft for example, and planes, involving these drones, so even if it's domestic use, the CAA will step in if they think it's being used in a dangerous or risky way," said Ms Annereau.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/11541504/Where-is-the-legal-line-in-flying-drones.html

During the summer there had been a few flying them just across the road and down on the beach.

One evening heard the sound of rotors coming up from the beach, two guys, one with a quad copter and the other flying a electric 600. The quad pilot flew it up from the beach clearing us by about 10 foot over our heads. the pilot was about 100 foot away from us. I was not impressed.

Burgess
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:19 pm
PostPost subject:

You are right Burgess - some people have no sense of safety when flying.

I like to know that the only people I may get near are right behind me so I would be hit first, otherwise I like to keep at least 100m away from them. There's only one flying field here where you have to be careful of height as it is close to (but a little north of) the Faro approach.

Tom.
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:25 am
PostPost subject:

In Australia & New Zealand the laws are the same and very sensible, although they are evolving all of the time, the latest changes to accommodate Racing Drones with FPV which have now had the Buddy Box requirement removed from them, in place of spotters around the track with Radios. Flying near people or over buildings is a no no, or within 5 KM of an airport. CASA our Civil Aviation Authority has hand delegated the authority to MAAA the Model Aeronautical Association who appear to be doing a reasonable job of it. Registration & certification is only required for Commercial users but affiliated MAAA clubs require that members qualify with them before flying on their fields. I see the main problems coming from a few Hobbyist who aren't doing the right thing and $100 drones that every second kid in Australia received for Christmas who don't even know there are laws in place.

http://www.corrs.com.au/publications/corrs-in-brief/regulation-of-drones-in-australia-a-balancing-act/?utm_source=Mondaq&utm_medium=syndication&utm_campaign=View-Original
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: