Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

what's with the advertisement

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:23 pm
PostPost subject: what's with the advertisement

I've made some posts lately and then after checking any responses to those posts someone (Sponser) has added a picture and something for us to buy.

I don't remember that from a year ago.

Say's sponser so if they are paying for this web site I guess they can do what ever they want but it sure seemed strange for another to add to your post? Seemed like Highjacking.

Any I being a little picky here?

jack
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:34 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Jack,

I don't get that, however a few weeks back post that I made and other peoples posts were getting Hyperlinks added to them, that took me off to other site.

When I investigated turned out that I had Ad-ware on the machine that was creating them to direct me off to buy their products, you pictures may be similar ad-ware.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:43 pm
PostPost subject:

admiral:

what did you do to stop it?

jack
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:57 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Jack,

Did a Google search, I think I used "Random Hyperlink Virus" or similar and found that there was a Firefox add in that could cause it, looked at the add-ins in Firefox and there it was, the clue was it didn't happen when I used IE.

I did a search for "random picture virus" it came up with one for Google Chrome what Browser are you using ? Try a different Browser and see if it still happens.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:50 pm
PostPost subject:

Thanks admiral. I'm on it. I've had Firefox and google chrome tried to be my web browser just a few weeks ago. I stopped it but it did load.

Thanks again.

jack
silhouette015
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:06 am
PostPost subject:

Hi pjdog,

There should not be any of those type of advertisements on the website. There should only be Google ads which should not appear if you are logged in. I am downloading all the files from the server to my computer to see if any of the files are infected.

I have also tried to load several pages from the website from all the browsers that I have and didn't find such advertisements.

Please let me know if you are able to get rid of them as that would mean the problem is localized to your computer. I will be looking into this very closely and thank you for the heads up.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:58 pm
PostPost subject:

silhouette015:

I removed FireFox & Google Chrome from my computer. If admiral had the right process I believe we are good now. I don't see them anymore as I go to this site a browse around.

Thanks for looking into it. I thought maybe something had changed sense I was last on the site many, many months ago.

jack
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:36 am
PostPost subject:

Hi,
From some when last week, when-ever I used (Google Chrome), I've been experiencing the same problem with whatever site I'm surfing. For instance, On your post silhouette015, the word "download" is appearing as a Hyperlink.
I found a lot of stuff connected to Flash Player in the local storage settings (button), I deleted the lot and that got rid of a hold load of those pop-ups, however, still cannot stop the flash player spurious pop-up bully-boy tactics.

Now, I also have the Oprera browser and ms Internet Explore and they work just fine with no pop-up or Hyperlink problems.

Where I've used parentheses where hyperlinks are happening even during preview.

I will be giving Google Chrome a long–long rest, once I've got all the speed dial-ups in Opera, I'll uninstall Google Chrome.

Burgess
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:57 am
PostPost subject:

I found this program at Download AdwCleaner v2.300 Download Stuff Free and it sorted out the problem. No more hyperlinks or adds.

********************Edit************************
Browsing this afternoon in Google Chrome and no trace of hyperlinks. Looking on the bright side, endeavouring fix this problem, I've now found all the obscure settings to tweak on my operating system that I never knew existed before.

Burgess
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: