Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Where is everyone ??

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:18 pm
PostPost subject:

I bought two of my grand kids micro quads for Christmas. Got them heli-max quads. One standard and the order was a deluxe model. The deluxe was of the girl. She's a real good little RC flier.

Both these little quads take pictures and movies? They were under $ 130.00. I thought that was pretty good. The deluxe model got broke almost at once. But it wasn't the girl (Emma). It was her dad. One of the motors was dragging and her dad thought it was on the motor mount. So he pulled up on the motor. Pulled the motor off the model. I tried to solder the little bitty wires but it didn't work cause when done the motor ran all the time no matter what you did with the TX. I sent the quad to the supplier in Illinois for repair.

The grand kids all came to our house before going back to Indianapolis. While here I got out the little MSR-X. It flew real well. Nothing like a 6 axis gyro. The girl (Emma) had lots of fun with it. I offered the X525 quad if they wanted to try it but they both declined.

Currently I'm doing some Micro fixed wing. ParkZone warBirds. A P-40 & a Spitfire. I've run them down the street to see how they would do. I was impressed. The P-40 got airborne several times. It was a tad tail heavy. I went to the local Wal-Mart and got some fishing lead shot and put some in the nose of both planes. They both balance right on now. Dying to try them but we are having record cold weather and it's been super windy. Micros and wind are not a good idea.

I also saw on RCGroups forum where a fellow put two MSR-X motors under the wing of a ASK-21 micro glider. It looked so good and flies so well I'm starting that project today. I thought I had allot of spares but when I looked in the MSR & MSR-X spare box I have 8 main motors but only one tail motor???? When I remembered. I sent my MSR to Portugal for repair by and expert repair guy. You all know Tom Bale (tombo242). He really gets off repairing things and has great talent for it. When I sent the Helicopter it had lots of problems. TBE for one. I could never get that to go away. I sent all kinds of part. I think Tom could have built several. Plus the MSR had hundreds of flight on it so it needed a total rebuild. I understand it flies perfect now!

I sure hope this forum pick's up soon. I do not see much traffic anymore?
Not sure where everybody went? It's a shame because it was the best forum ever anywhere!

later - Jack
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:06 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Folks,

I'm still about but working on my computer. Little background here:

Win7 hard drive (1TB) failure; just enough go left to backup to a disc image on DVD. Checked my stored dead comps, best I could find was a Vista 350GB drive. Not really big enough but "any old port in a storm!"

Unfortunately, the Win7 disc image would not paste to a Vista drive. The only way I could format it was with Linux. However same problem; Windows cannot read Linux formatting Crying or Very sad Only solution was to install Linux and spend two days sorting out passwords and trying to make sense of the different OS.

Worse; I find that Linux cannot play any of my RC vids or edit them, Trying to download the codecs; I find that none are available for Linux Crying or Very sad When I have some cash saved I'll be back on Win7 with a new 1TB (or better) HD.

I have flown the quad with well balanced props (done while waiting for computer formatting etc). Can't post video though it doesn't work with this OS - yet! It sounds quieter and flies better. Smile I really recommend a good balancing job. My new balancer mandrel rests on magnetic bearings - almost no friction at all!

Think that the MSr could do with a good balance as well Jack. Balance helps the control board I'm sure of that. Problem is getting over the miniature size. Got to knock up some micro stuff for it!

Tom.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:19 pm
PostPost subject:

I know what it's like to have a computer go down. About a year ago both our computers went in the tank. I was real upset to lose both on the same day. I think I trusted an update from Windows. Of course it was not windows at all but some turd wanting into our computers.

I'm not smart enough or calm enough to deal with it. I just took both computers to BestBuy and told them to FIX"EM". They had them back up in about a week. Meantime I bought a new laptop. It's a rocket. However it's windows* and that sucked. But after much fooling around and a trip back to BestBuy they showed me how to make the laptop act like windows7.

Now back to RC stuff. I put my new parkzone micro Spitfire into a tree yesterday evening. I lost on of the landing struts. I'm not a fan of hand launches so I'm in a wait mode before I try Fixed wing again.

I'm also thinking I put it in a tree because my brain went back to mode1 for an instant when I've switched to mode 2 because of all the RC Helicopters. At my age I think this mybe a problem for the rest of my life.
Besides my failing eye sight, failing finger brain control & failing pocket book I maybe in RC fun trouble. I'll not give up on it though - I love it.

I'm adding power to a ASK-21 glider. Hope to have it in the air the first of next week. I'll do my best to make a movie. I learned back in the 1970's that if you make a movie or that a picture of you maiden flights you almost always have what you started with at the end of the day. Don't take a picture or movie and you go home with your new baby in the trash bucket?

I'd sure like to see all the old forum buddies back on here posting what's up!

Later everyone - jack
Blues4dog
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:29 am
PostPost subject:

Still here. Still checking and reading posts. Just don't have anything relevant to say really. Must admit I have been flying a 3D profile foamie more than my heli's and this is not the place to discuss that. But, still here.

Cheers everybody.

B4D Very Happy

Edit: Then again, looking at the first page of posts it seems that I am not alone in playing with the FW toys.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: