Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Who's fly what?

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:22 am
PostPost subject: Who's fly what?

Hey Gents there's 9164 registered members, so what's everyone flying? Wink

Burgess
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo EstÍv„o, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 80, but still feels 19.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:26 am
PostPost subject:

Well Burgess 8181 of our members have less that 3 posts, the vast majority have no posts at all! If you check you'll find very few list RC in their profiles.

Check this one out for example http://www.electric-rc-helicopter.com/phpbb/new-to-this-site-t26.html#27 His profile lists
"Occupation: manager"
"Interests: music"
Last post Dec 2006.
Not a very promising member is he?

If you check there are 6916 with no posts at all so they are unlikely to be flying anything. I don't have time to weed out and eliminate all with no posts in the last 5 years Crying or Very sad

Tom.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:49 am
PostPost subject:

Yes Tom, it's a reflection of the times and trends, these quod copters are apparently easy to fly so not many with problems I was going be the number of views on Kevin's thread, I was kind of hoping that there was more than the four on us logging on.

Burgess
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:47 pm
PostPost subject:

You're right there Burgess, should be more than us four. The only other action is on the spamming front. I've removed a number of spammers this year (about 12 - but I don't keep count Mad ).

Tom.
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:32 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Burgess,

I'm fly small fixed wing (500~600mm) 450 & 500 Helicopters and Multi rotors including Tri,Quad an Hex from 50mm up to 550mm.

Not sure what the other 9160 of us are flying.

Typical line up for Saturday morning fly, the 500 Helicopter wasn't on deck that morning.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:04 am
PostPost subject:

Nice setup there Keith, keeps you out of trouble I bet.

Tom.
tetracopter
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:41 pm
PostPost subject:

admiral wrote:
Hi Burgess,

I'm fly small fixed wing (500~600mm) 450 & 500 Helicopters and Multi rotors including Tri,Quad an Hex from 50mm up to 550mm.

Not sure what the other 9160 of us are flying.

Typical line up for Saturday morning fly, the 500 Helicopter wasn't on deck that morning.

Hey! I've got an F450 too!! I realy love it, you've got the original, from DJI or a chinese one? Mine is a chinese kit but I improve it with original DJI engines an ESC's, and I prefer Ardupilot from Naza, Is more complex, but with more functions, Naza is more plug and fly.
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:32 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Tetracopter,

My 450 is a Chinese clone frame with aftermarket DJI motors and a Flip32 flight controller, I'm retired and mostly interested in Helicopters and small fixed wing models. I built the 450 just to see what all the fuss was about so I didn't want to spend a lot on money on it, since then I have built several others including a Hexcopter, Tricopter and 250 Quad with FPV that is my personal favorite, flying FPV is such a hoot.

I was getting too involved with Multirotors so I've backed off a bit to concentrate on helicopters which require a lot more dedication than multi's.

My latest Helicopter
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:34 am
PostPost subject:

Hello tetracopter and welcome to the forum.

I've been tempted to try multi rotors, but not to the extent of actually getting one. If ever I do it'll be a home-brew based on four heli tail booms and tail rotors all driven off the one motor and one ESC, with 3-axis gyro. Not sure which size heli I would base it on though.

Hi Keith, like the look of your Dominator, are the electrics 3S or 6S, if 6S what servos are installed, and which 3-axis gyro?

Burgess
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:01 am
PostPost subject:

Burgess wrote:

Hi Keith, like the look of your Dominator, are the electrics 3S or 6S, if 6S what servos are installed, and which 3-axis gyro?
Burgess

Hi Burgess,

I bought it used after it had bee crashed, it was only bought new in December 16 and had very few flights.

It is 6S with
Microbeast PLUS Flybarless System X 1 set
●RCE-BL45X 45A Brushless ESC X 1
●460MX Brushless Motor(1800KV) X 1
●DS450 Digital Servo X 3
●DS455 Digital Servo X 1

The seller kept the Microbeast + but I was lucky enough to pick one up BNIB for about half price, so it has gone back together in original condition.

To get it flying I had to replace the SwashPlate, Swashplate Linkages, Blades, Canopy posts, battery holder, Torque Tube, repair the canopy and re-build the head and tail assembly which were both suffering from over zealous use of Locktite. A new feathering & main shafts were included with the wreck.

There was no frame damage and it is now pristine again.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:44 am
PostPost subject:

Sounds a good spec Keith, I've thought about up-grading one of my T-rex450SEV2 clones to a 6S system, however, the better option would be to morph one to a Dominator spec for the battery carrying capability.

I'll have to keep an eye on the spares and get them one piece at a time like Jonnie Cash. Wink

Burgess
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:40 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Burgess, I have previously converted one of my old Pigeon 450 1M to 6S, I bought the motor by accident not realising that it was a 6S motor so decided to keep going and buy a 6S ESC and battery. The motor was a Scorpion HKT-2221 2010KV with an 11 tooth pinion, the ESC was a Turnigy Thrust 70A a bit of overkill but I thought better too big rather than too small and I ran Turnigy 1.3 Ah nano-Tech batteries with standard 150 Tooth main gear.

The whole setup worked well, had heaps of power and extended flight times, after about 18 months the batteries started to fail and I converted it back rather than buy new batteries. Later I converted the same Helicopter to FBL and it is still flying.

I think this photo was while was 6S by the black ESC, other than that I couldn't tell.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:45 am
PostPost subject:

I did similar, bought an Align460MX 1800kv off ebay by mistake, and did at the time consider converting one of my T-rex 450SEV2 clones to 6S system.

Burgess
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:32 am
PostPost subject:

I still pop in from time to time but don't have anything electric anymore.
Hardcore nitro now. Trex 700 and just picked up the Goblin nitro 650 and dropped a YS120 in it and this thing is an animal.
In the future I"d like to get a trex 550 dominator.
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:17 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Crash,

Sounds like your into heavy duty gear now days, I've stayed out of Nitro mainly because of the limitations of the flying area we have, 500 size is about as big as practical and then there is the noise factor, we are close to housing. I also remember bringing the planks home and having to clean them up, I don't miss the castor oil mess.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: