Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:49 pm
PostPost subject: post subject

thats a good idea trouble, i like it.
i would like to get some flying time with this machine first and then i shall follow your example and tidy up the wiring. a heli of this quality deserves to look its best.
i have managed a couple of low hovers to set up the tail and i must say despite the gales this gp780 gyro holds the tail rock steady like it was on rails.
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:47 am
PostPost subject:

Hiya Chopper!
you hovered a bit?...Great!!
No worries on the braids, I was just showin' ya for in case you ever wanna do anything, plus, i'm bored. With this crappy weather I have plenty of time to goof off, workin' on the Sim, and touching up the helis, waiting for the UPS guy to bring the last of the parts for my Protos so I can take her out and see what's up, but the weather has stopped them for a couple days...sigh.
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:40 pm
PostPost subject:

She looks good Chopper.... If I may make a suggestion??
I noticed that your wires from the gyro come down rather abrupt, and they look tight. You should have some slack in them before you anchor them to the frame. If they are tight, and there is any vibration at all, it will be sent thru the wires into the gyro, causing drift issues or worse, tail kicks and such. Think of it as a dixie cup and string kids phone. If there is some slack, it won't work.
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:41 am
PostPost subject: post subject

hi all
i have taken your advice crash and slackened those wires at both ends.
man you have sharp eyes and spotted that from a pic. this is my first build so my main concern was that it worked. i will tidy those wires with some black braid asap like trouble has done.
i noticed when i wiggle the rotor head on the blade 400 there is a bit of movement among the components but on the pro it is solid as a rock.
i have hovered two packs round the back yard this afternoon and although i am running +30% expo on my dx6i its still a bit lively on the sticks but very stable in the hover. i am pleased with my head set up as
the rotors are bang on track and 2 clicks of left aileron trim gave me a hover at the first go. ( thanks to finless bob). i just love this hobby so all i need to do now is practice practice and more practice until i can make full use of this fine heli. thank you all for your advice i dont think i could have built this without help.
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:34 pm
PostPost subject:

Quote:
man you have sharp eyes and spotted that from a pic.

That is what experience does for ya, lol. We will get there one day Chopper.

You have +30% expo? I had to dumb mine down a bit, I like it sloppy while I am learning new stuff, I have -20%, hehe, I don't get surprised as much, but...what I have done is, or am doing...is switching to idle up, much higher rotor speed but actually increases the stability of the heli, also is scary too if not used to it. I was told it would very beneficial to learn this. Unfortuantly it is still gonna be a bit b4 I get my Pro in the air, as you know all I got is the bare bones, need to get the all the electronics 'cept the ESC and motor. Need the battery mount, new boom, main rotor head assembly, Tail fin, cyclic servos, tail servo, gyro, and RX.... haha, so...gonna be a little bit longer.
I am gonna get some of the stuff from here, like this:
upgrades
the battery mount is longer and so the batt does not overextend beyond the mount, they "say" this prevents the ESC from being "taco", burning up the ESC...and the other parts just look damn good, lol. Also getting this set from these guys:
K&B
The guy who gave me the Pro put a set of K@B tail rotor blades on my other 450 and it made the tail alot more steady, it really did... Shocked
thinkin' of getting the 61mm tail blades just to see if that doesn't help even more. and even though the colored paddles and tail blades aren't as nice looking as CF the really help in orientation, which i need now that I am learning to move the heli in different positions. I will post pix as soon as I get stuff in. I re-did my wiring on the Protos:

As soon as I get the adapter and software for the ESC I can set the endpoints and then I can do the wiring up the same.
Hey, get some film of you hovering your Pro!! Would like to see... Cool
Take care bud, talk to ya laterz.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> T-REX All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: