Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Yet another one - HELP!!!

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadShark
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:27 pm
PostPost subject: Yet another one - HELP!!!

Greetings from South Africa - a newbie to the posting things and RC Elec Choppers.

Had the insight to get into the sport / hobby of rc elec helicopters. after buggering about a bit on a few very basic ones - I got myself a Walkera 22e. well thats where the fun began.

After many sets of blades and various other parts (which down here are so not cheap) i went to a (heli guru). after moving the battery right to the front, adding more weight and adjusting the position of all the servo horns and installing massive training gear he could fly it stable in a hover. i am still trying to get there....so i guess does anyone have any hints or tips for me to get to that level?

and does anyone know what the price of shipping parts over to South Africa would be - I am looking for Carbon blades, alloy rotor head and who knows what else. down here the parts are about as expensive as the new chopper would be.

regards

just remember not every cloud has a silver lining, sometimes it is another aircraft!!
________
extreme vaporizer review

Last edited by MadShark on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
vrthai
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:56 am
PostPost subject:

Hello Madshark,

Welcome to the forum! Very Happy

To get flying fast, there's one way in this time and age that's a sure shot - that's right, Flight Sims Wink. I think a lot of people in this forum are having great success practicing on sims. And about the Guru, you should listen but not too much and not to just one. Always ask around and get different opinions.

As for the parts to africa, they are expensive because I personally sell stuff on eBay at times, and the shipping cost to South Africa and UAE is way up there for some reason Shocked .

Some ebay sellers will ship there and probably really big shops like TowerHobbies.
MadShark
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:01 pm
PostPost subject: thanks mate

flight sims - been trying FMS and having some joy there, as i have with G3. funny though - i can fly the sims but not the real thing.

had a some success by putting longer and slightly thicker training gear on. 4mm wood dowel ones - it killed my battery life though. cant have the best of both worlds i guess.

had to do some serious batter moving and the rest of it - and i must say was easier to get it up but i am still battling to get it into a hover. just seems to get all over the place on its own.

any thoughts?
________
Dodge Polara specifications
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: