Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Yiboo UJ820 performance options

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEORGE ROLAND
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:41 am
PostPost subject: Yiboo UJ820 performance options

Are there any possible improvements for this brick? I hate to leave it just rot away in my closet. Does anyone know of upgrades - like more powerful motors and batteries, and possibly tail rotor gearing that would work so it would at least have a chance to be flown outdoors?

It is a very nice looking unit, but can hardly get off the ground. I bet some hacks have taken this as a challenge and could help me out, so I don't have to R&D it.
Blues4dog
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:09 am
PostPost subject:

Hard to upgrade co-ax helis. They are very stable but very limited. They are not great outdoors in anything but dead calm conditions either. I had a similar heli when learning and it was useful, but if you are looking for better performance I would suggest a single rotor fixed pitch or CCPM if you really want to move up. Would probably cost you less and give better results than trying to improve the Yiboo. My aforementioned co-ax has found a new home with a friend who is now learning. He appreciated the gift.

Cheers

B4D
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:37 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi GEORGE,

Welcome to the forum.

B4D has got it dead right, no co-ax will give you a good performance in wind. There are some like the 4 channel Big Lama that will handle a very gentle breeze but only if you can walk faster than the wind.

Upgrading a 3 channel (the extra 1/2 channel is a sales ploy and does not exist) is simply just not worth the time and expense, unless the heli has great sentimental value and you love it like a child. Then, of course, money is of little object. There are some upgrades that can be done, but it would probably (considering time and cost) be better to just get a decent CP single rotor heli. Stay away from any model that does not have good spares back-up and I personally would not look at one with a tail motor. Torque tube or belt tail drive - yes, tail motor - NO!!!

Tom.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:36 pm
PostPost subject:

Hello George and welcome to the forum from Wales UK

There's an ever expanding range of coaxial helicopters on the market and if you really want to go down the root of modifying your coaxial, then have a look at the Xtreme site:
http://www.xtreme-production.com/xtreme/
Something to bear in mind is transmitter range, the one provided with your helicopter has a range of only 60 meters.
Nevertheless, any hobby is about doing what you find the most fulfilling and RC helicopters are no different.

Burgess
GEORGE ROLAND
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:50 am
PostPost subject: UJ820

Thanks to all of you.

Actually I do have a CCPM I am training on now and have set aside the coaxial for experimentation. I think maybe changing the tail motor gear ratio, better main motors, and a better battery or a 3S batter pack might do something.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: