Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmkstar
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:02 pm
PostPost subject: 22#E CNC upgrades

Thought I would do a little review on CNC upgrades for this little critter Cool

After seeing how fast the tail motors burn out due to heat this is a smart upgrade and only about a buck from Venom-group.com ebay store. BTW they also have the replacement motors too. I've been testing this for a week or so and it seems to being doing a good job at keeping it cool Smile

Also from Venom-group.com is this heatsink for the main stock motor. This should also work fine for the brushless motor too.

This is a quick look at the stock plastic rotor. My biggest complaint is the little balls break off easy!! I've had to mod them with medal balls.

This is the new CNC upgrade kit by AiryParts from Helipal.com or e-bay via China!! I'm looking forward to see how this set works out.

The installation was pretty easy and straight forward, I'm most impressed with the flybar control arm the stock one is weak and broke easily. My main concern it the tight fitting of the new ball joints. I applied WD-40 to help lubrication them. The stiff joints seem to strain a bit on the stock servos, I hope they loosen up. I'll give a follow up after test flying tomorrow.
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:58 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Kmkstar,

You can get a ball link reamer in the right size to suit your ball links http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=11139

or use the time honoured method of squeezing the link onto the ball with a pair of plyers, I don't recommend it with plastic balls, but with metal balls its OK (LOL) alway wanted to say that Laughing Laughing Laughing
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:53 am
PostPost subject: rotor head

smart looking rotor head there kmkstar. nice work.
kmkstar
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:40 pm
PostPost subject:

admiral wrote:
Hi Kmkstar,

You can get a ball link reamer in the right size to suit your ball links http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=11139

or use the time honoured method of squeezing the link onto the ball with a pair of plyers, I don't recommend it with plastic balls, but with metal balls its OK (LOL) alway wanted to say that Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing ...thank you!! I called to local hobby shop, and they have ball reamers in stock Very Happy First time asking someone about reaming my balls Shocked Laughing Laughing
kmkstar
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:56 pm
PostPost subject:

Well I haven't been able to give the rotor a proper test yet due to wacky controller issues. But for the short time that I was cycling up I was reminded of why we must us thread lock and/or checking screws.

This screw and brass bushing came out with in minutes. I lost the bushing, but the screw was found. This temp fix should do fine till I make a trip to the hobby shop to see if they have any matching bushings.

kmkstar
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:15 pm
PostPost subject: Update!

Ok, I've been able to get some flights in on this new setup. First off I took the brass bushing from the old plastic setup and cut it down to the same length. I installed it with lock-tight, and works like a charm. The first fights were kinda unstable and felt heavy? I examined the linkages and control arms and notice some slop on the flybar/pitch control linkage. The stock pins were to small, so I installed the brass pins that came with the new control/ball linkage kit. The next test fights went perfect!!

As far as the heatsinks, well they are working great too. I just finally wore out the brushes on the stock 370 motor, but the tail rotor motor is holding out great, run nice and cool!!

I have my eye on some cnc servo mounts on e-bay Wink
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Walkera All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: