Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Honey Bee
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naughton1
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:16 am
PostPost subject: Battery Problems

Hi, i am new to RC helicopters, and i purchased a Honey Bee 2 helicopter a number of months back. After a few flights with it, i crashed it and I ended up having to get another honey bee 2.

This, in effect meant i had 2 of a number of items, including 2 batteries and chargers.

I flew this helicopter using both batteries maybe once, before i stopped flying for a number of months. I have now decided to start it up again, but i have found that both of the batteries will not charge no matter what I do(both chargers indicate that the batteries are not plugged into the unit, even though they clearly are). I do not think that there is a problem with the chargers, although I think both chargers may need to be discharged?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:34 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Naughton1,

When you put your helis away for a few months, what level of charge was in the batteries. Any level outside of 3.8~3.9V per cell will cause quite rapid deteriation after a few days, and over a few months they could well be dead.

Batteries should never be stored either fully charged or almost fully discharged. if yours were 3 cell then the correct storage voltage is 11.55V +/- 0.15V. I always aim to keep my 3 cells within 11.54V ~ 11.57V when not in use. This gives them maximum life.
jacques
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:36 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi,I've 827 wireless r/c helicopter,it takes time to charge about 3 hours but I can play just 6 minutes.Cloud you please tell it's possible to change a new batteries that can make the 827 to get more flying time?thanks anyway
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:15 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Jacques,

Sounds like a charger problem there. Most batteries charge at 1C which means an hour to charge. (i.e. a 1500mAh battery at 1C requires 1.5A charge current = 1 hour for 1500mAh.) If you are balancing the cells at the same time then it will take longer to complete the balance process.

Re: Flight Time. Bigger batteries = more weight = more power used. Not an easy circle to break out of. Watch the weight of the batteries, if you can find one with more power and only a small increase in weight you may do better.

Also remember that as batteries age they tend to keep the heli aloft only until they reach 1/2 charge, then start to give the symptoms of low voltage. This is due to a rise of internal resistance and cannot be avoided.

If you ever manage to fly for the maximum time quoted in the heli's advertising then the gods are smiling on you.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Honey Bee All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: