Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> LAMA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nolanskii56
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:28 am
PostPost subject: Big Lama Swash Metal Swash Plates

Hi all,
I'm upgrading her with metal parts. Tried the Airy Turbo with poor results.
Swash and lower hub would not fit on the shaft and theswash was defective.
So I have Esky metal parts coming but the swash seems to be sold out everywhere. Will a Extreme swash work with Esky parts? Or can I just use the stock swash until the esky swash becomes avaiable.

Thanks!

Firedude?
firedude52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:09 am
PostPost subject:

The Xtreme Swash should work fine. Most folks that use the Xtreme cnc swash also of course use the Xtreme gears and outer shaft but should work fine with the stock outer shaft and gears as well. You ,mention using the stock swash until the eSky swash becomes available? Those are one in the same. Am I reading that wrong? I don't use the full cnc set personally. I use the cnc swash and the cnc extended shaft head which fits perfect.

Watch out for the cnc lower head as the ball linkages have a tendency to cut int the guides on the cnc lower head. Myself and Spooner went back the stock lower heads. I only use the Xtreme extended inner shaft on mine. Below are 2 links of cnc stuff that works and mainly use then once again for the swash and maybe blade grips along with the cap/screws for the top of inner head shaft Much better quality than the Xtreme ones.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140786928016?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1771wt_1163

http://www.rccarmax.com/esky-big-lama-metal-cnc-upgrade-kit-clone-part-p-1765.html

Both these you can get the entire set just for the cost of the Xtreme cnc swash which I feel is over priced. I have the 2nd one listed above and works fine. Like I said trhouhg went back to the stock lower head due to issues.

nolanskii56
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:24 pm
PostPost subject:

My Esky metal parts will be here today wooooo hoooooo!

I found a Esky metal swash plate in the UK and it's on the way price was less than just about anywhere including the shipping. Heliguy.com

Excited to get back in the air!
firedude52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:04 am
PostPost subject:

nolanskii56 wrote:
My Esky metal parts will be here today wooooo hoooooo!

I found a Esky metal swash plate in the UK and it's on the way price was less than just about anywhere including the shipping. Heliguy.com

Excited to get back in the air!

Cool deal Nolan! Cool
nolanskii56
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:13 pm
PostPost subject:

Very Happy

Ok so far but need some advise.
She want's to rotate to the right and the trim won't take it out.
Questions and Suggestions?
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:57 pm
PostPost subject:

Most likely the lower blades are not rotating fast enough. This could be caused by a number of things.

Most likely:

1. Weak motor. (Don't replace with stock, use the ball bearing set here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Upgrade-370-Bearing-Motor-12T-B-Big-Lama-EK1-0008A-/290469895978?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a15adf2a You get both superior A & B motors and should keep them matched.)

2. Dust, hair, debris in the gear drive. (Clean the teeth.)

3. Gear engagement to slack or too tight. (Check that there is just enough slack to clamp a piece of thin paper between motor gear and drive gear.)

4. Motor gear or drive gear slipping on shaft. (Hot pressed fit, if it's slack then it has to be replaced. Easier to get the motor set above or a new main shaft, depending on which is slipping. Make sure there's no slip anywhere.)

5. Blades slipping on the shaft. (Common one this. The screws on the lower blade holders fit into holes on the outer shaft. Make sure that they are properly engaged.)

Keep us updated:

Tom.
nolanskii56
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:02 am
PostPost subject:

None of the above it's a new heli barely has an hour on it at best.
It flipped over in the grass when I first flew it and it tore up the blades and the flybar grip was damaged, I have since replaced all the parts with metal and brand new blades.
Proportional adjustment pehaps?
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:26 am
PostPost subject:

nolanskii56 wrote:
None of the above it's a new heli barely has an hour on it at best.
It flipped over in the grass when I first flew it and it tore up the blades and the flybar grip was damaged, I have since replaced all the parts with metal and brand new blades.
Proportional adjustment pehaps?

A crash like this could still leave #4 or #5 as suspect.

Unusual for the 'Prop' to need adjusting if the top and bottom blades match. However, it is worth a try. Can't help with direction of turn right now, but mark the intitial position, give it a small amount (1/8 turn is good) and see if things are better or worse. Power down the heli and Tx. If worse go back to the other side of the mark and try again, if not quite right increase the turn. The heli and Tx must be powered down before making any adjustments. They will only show on the next power-up.

Tom.
nolanskii56
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:23 pm
PostPost subject:

My original heli still has flight issues (rotating counter clockwise) so I purchased another on sale from Xheli and wow she flys great no issues at all. The build quality on the new bird seems much better than the first.
I'm installing the extended shaft today and will continue to try and fix heli one just to learn how they tic.

Side note: After my first flight and letting the LiPo rest I plugged it in to charge overnight. When I checked this morning I had a solid green light at first then it started flashing for a few seconds and would go solid again. Is this cycling normal?
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:25 am
PostPost subject:

nolanskii56 wrote:
Side note: After my first flight and letting the LiPo rest I plugged it in to charge overnight. When I checked this morning I had a solid green light at first then it started flashing for a few seconds and would go solid again. Is this cycling normal?

NEVER, EVER, leave a Li-Po to charge unattended. While most do not explode/burn/etc there is always a chance that it will happen and overcharging will certainly do it. You are risking a major fire hazzard and even if your place is not burnt down when the battery burns, the black greasy soot and smell will take a long time (many days), to clean and clear.

If this is the standard stock charger then I would recommend that you get a good one with digital voltage & current readouts and an automatic cut off level. That way you will not have to rely on flashing lights. If you are to be serious about this hobby then a good charger, voltmeter, soldering irons 15W & 30W and a good set of tools are essential.

For instance: What is the battery voltage when the light is solid or flashing? What are the charge amps in normal charge. These are the things that we need to know if we are to help here. The lights really mean very little other than power is connected.

Tom.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> LAMA All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: