Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> LAMA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedude52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:27 am
PostPost subject: Big Lama Tech Tips

Hi All... just a note here. Though the forum may show my tech tip posts getting several hits the videos themselves are not. I can see the number of actual views in my YouTube control panel. I've also asked that people at least click the like button as well if they feel the tech tips are of any use or even dislike if not to no avail. I've only had feedback from one or two people.
It takes me a lot of time and effort out of my day to do these and if they aren't going to be viewed then there is no sense in me doing them. For now unless the traffic pics up and I get some sort of feedback I'll be holding off on any further ones for the time being. Thanks.......
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:30 pm
PostPost subject:

What's the ratio of views to likes Tony?

If you get more than 5.0% you're doing well. I see on part #3 you've got 28 views and 3 likes (that's 10.7%). My Big Lama battery test has 339 views and 0 likes (that's 0.0%). I think that it is the views that really count, many people just don't bother to click the like button (even when asked)!

On the other front a video of mine showing a rather attractive niece of mine has 40 views and 2 likes (that's 5.0%) Shocked .
Perhaps if you found a young lady to smile sweetly and hold the heli you might get more likes.

Passing thoughts,

Tom.
firedude52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:07 am
PostPost subject:

You may have a good idea there Tom. Laughing Actually what surprises me is the forum posts gets a LOT more views than the videos themselves here and one other forum. Not sure why they click the link if they have no plans on watching the tech tip lol> Confused
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:35 am
PostPost subject:

Could be Tony, that most of us like to see the 'Posts Since Last Visit', just to make sure that we don't miss anything of interest - even if we don't have the model. It's really just human curiousity.

Tom.
lightning
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:49 pm
PostPost subject:

Tombos' right Tony I hardly ever bother saying whether I like something or dislike it ,like most people just viewing is probably liking well enough .
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:47 pm
PostPost subject: DX6i Gyro Tip

I find that as the battery runs down to around mid-charge in my co-axials I need to apply rudder trim to hold a heading. Seems a common fault with a co-ax.

I found that the DX6i Gyro gain will 'Trim' the co-ax and I now have Rate 0 = 50% and Rate 1 = 47.5% on Gyro settings. Normal flight (and all setting up) is in Rate 0.

When the rotation starts to need constant left rudder correction, I switch to rate 1 and the craft straightens up. Trim is virtually not now required. Make sure that you switch back to rate 0 when you change batteries or you'll get a left turn at lift off.

N.B. You may need to adjust this setting to suit your machine/batteries. The lower the rate the faster the left turn. Above 50% the higher the rate the faster the right turn

Tom.
firedude52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:31 pm
PostPost subject:

Might work well Tom for those who run in heli mode, but that won't work for me in arco mode. One of these days I hope to find out what the issue is as some can, but some can't? I have 1 ship torn down right now awaiting a new 3 in 1 and hope to have a tablet in the next week or so. Maybe we can get together on Skype finally and discuss it. It has to be in a setting, the ones you gave me, but I sure can't solve it? In the meantime I just simply fly the stick instead of trying to trim in flight and I don't have any issue with that thus far.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:10 am
PostPost subject:

Sounds good to me Tony - looking forward to it!

Tom.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> LAMA All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: