Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Blade 130X

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOMFTOTF
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:56 am
PostPost subject:

Link
this is exactly what my 130 is doing anyone see anything on this issue ???
NOMFTOTF
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:41 am
PostPost subject:

ok i found out what it is making this happen its the rear tail gear is stripped out on the TT all i had to do was take it all apart and super glue the rear gear on the shaft and that fixed it all
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:31 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks for sharing that info. Hopefully MicroHeli or somebody will come out with some upgrade metal gears that will hold up better.
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:15 am
PostPost subject: Re: Heat sink

Well adding the heat sink on the motor doesn't seem to help keep the motor from getting so hot. It may help it cool down faster, but that's about it. Oh well
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:44 am
PostPost subject: Bad Vibes

Getting some bad Vibes from the 130X in the tail rotor Crying or Very sad
It's mainly during spool up but it's intense enough that it's breaking parts at an unacceptable rate. Tail case bearings, pitch slider, rudder drive gears all are shot after only 20 or so "easy going flights". I'm sure the bearings in the tail blade grips are shot as well.
I've been reading on other fourms that this is not uncommon and ways to fix the problem. Just have to wait till replacement parts come in before I give it a go again.
Had the dang thing for what? less then three weeks and spend what will be four weeks when they come in waiting on parts. Keep in mind, never crashed, just one off field landing in grass.
I'm kicking myself in the butt for not waiting for the 130Xv2 to come out Rolling Eyes
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:10 pm
PostPost subject: post subject

I have just bought this heli and the first thing i had to do was put small lock nuts on the main blade grips because the threads were stripped and i couldn't tighten the blades. The tail seems a bit noisy on spool up but otherwise i just set it up on the dx8 with the settings from the manual and it fly's superbly. Really stable in the hover and the t tube works nicely. Better than a tail motor and so far i am very happy with it. Some of the tail parts do look a bit flimsy so it will be interesting how long it is before they start to fail. I have read on helifreak some are claiming its better if you remove the swash ball rubber's and replace them with canopy grommetts. I will give it a try and report back.
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:30 am
PostPost subject:

It seems to be the resonenance vibration that happens in the tail rotor during spool up that causes the tail to self destruct. I pushed the worn out tail shaft flange bearings too long, end result was vibration got so bad it broke the tail case and yet another pitch slider.
I'll rebuild and try balancing the tail rotor along with other mods I've read about on HF, but at the rate I'm going I might just restrict flying it to the parking lot at the LHS. At least that way I can order replacement tail parts quicker Rolling Eyes
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:39 am

How weird. I did the grommett mod on the swash balls and it has cured the tail resonance. Spools up nice and smooth now. Dont know if it fly's any better though my skills couldn't tell the difference.
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:34 am
PostPost subject:

I don't understand how making mods to rotor head makes any difference in the tail rotor inbalance Confused
The trouble with my 130 is all in in tail drive. At about 1/3 to 1/2 throttle the tail drive unit shakes and grinds like crazy. This will even happen without the main rotor blades bolted on.
Horizon site says that's normal and just to throttle up past that point, but I think (just my opinion) that short violent vibration trashes tail case bearings and breaks the little pin on the pitch slider way too often.
I hope you have better luck with your 130.
NOMFTOTF
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:31 am
PostPost subject:

i found that with mine if i extended the tail supports out about an inch further and put canopy gramets were the o-rings are on the swash plate and take the little orings and put them on the tail rotor grip balls and it got rid of all and any wobble even when snapping the collective up and down.

then i ran into something in stunt mode and blew it up lol

ive already made cad files for the main blade grips and the main head piece and main shaft going to make some from aluminum well the grips at least i think i can get away with mag. for the head piece since it dose not take as much stress as the grips.
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:14 pm

I dont understand it either but i know it made this ghastly noise and vibrated on start up before the grommett mod and now its cured. I am really enjoying this heli at the moment. Maybe i will change my thoughts if it starts to disintegrate but so far its working superbly.
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:58 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks for the tips Chopper.
New parts should be in soon and I'll be trying all the mods I've been reading about on the fourms.
One thing that I tried out that looked promising was to slip a finger with piece of shrink tube over the rudder control rod with a little oil and squeezing it into the rudder pushrod guide. By the time I got around my tail case bearings were way past gone.
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:30 am
PostPost subject: Resonance vibe fixed

I read this on HF site this morning and it worked to fix my 130X Very Happy
On the gear side of the tail case fit in a bearing out of a Blade MCPX main blade grip. It protrudes a little from the case but that's OK. Carfeully applied a tiny bit of CA with a pin to hold it in place and BINGO. No more tail vibration at any tail rotor RPM at all. Very Happy
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:29 pm

I keep wondering when my 130-x is going to fall apart but i did four batteries yesterday evening and that is 21 flights with no problems or crashes so far. I am really enjoying this heli and i say well done hh.
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:02 am

Update on my 130-x.
I have just gone through 4 packs today after work which now makes it 42 flights without a problem. Still crash free too. T. tube and tail still working fine with original gear wheels still ok. I really am a big fan of this heli. Its so stable and easy to fly it almost feels like cheating.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: