Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Review Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chain
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:49 am
PostPost subject: Blade MCX

I bought this for my boys birthday. I could not wait so I had to try it out.
Figured I would get it all adjusted and everything.
I waited till everyone was gone and started the testing.

All I got to say, this is one awesome heli. Straight up it went no spinning, no yaw, just a perfect flight. Easy to control, you can land it any where you want. I was flying down the very narrow hall way into every bed room in our house. I have a small house.

This is one of the best learner copters I ever flew. This is great for indoor flyers just wanting to learn to fly or even people that know how to fly and just want a stable easy to fly copter for indoors.

I am going to buy myself one. My CX2 is to big for my house. Plus you don't have to wait 2 hours for charging like the cx2. 20 min tops and you are charged.
It is quiet and so very smooth. no vibration what so ever. I was amazed.

I would suggest this for anyone wanting a copter to learn to fly.

hound15
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:25 pm
PostPost subject:

Thank you very much for the review. It's great to see new helis on the scene. I think everything made by EFlite is of very high standards but it's been a long time since they launched a new model, so this the MCX - I can say - is long awaited.

Are you serious about the battery charging in 20 minutes top? That is crazy fast!
Lee ALmond
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:46 pm
PostPost subject:

Yes, mine charges in about 20 minutes. Like I posted in another thread this heli is the bomb. Very stable and smooth. This little thing will be getting alot of use during the winter months. I love it.
Chain
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:17 am
PostPost subject:

hound15 wrote:

Are you serious about the battery charging in 20 minutes top? That is crazy fast!

Yes, I have charged it 8 times now even though my boys birthday isn't till the 20th of Oct lol.
I just can't keep my hands off the thing. I will go by myself one as soon as I give him his.
2quark4u
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:08 pm
PostPost subject:

Just saw the heli in size when it's compared to the Blade CX2 in the album section. Wow that is one small helicopter! Shocked
usarmyguy
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:33 pm
PostPost subject:

Ready to go to the next level after the co-axial helis? Try the Walkera 4#3b or the 4g3 from wowhobbies.com and rotorfever.com. The mcx flies like a bus compare to the these two higher grade helis. If you want to fly outside try the 5#10 or if you dare try the 4g1b single axail. The 4g1b will take you at least a month to hover. But when you get going it's like a bird in the sky. Ha ha ha.. Good luck Very Happy
Lee ALmond
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:28 am
PostPost subject:

The mcx flies like a bus compare to the these two higher grade helis. The 4g1b will take you at least a month to hover. But when you get going it's like a bird in the sky.

Flys like a bus? Nope. Flys like a dream period. Takes a damn month to just hover? Thats a POS if it takes a month to just hover man. When you get going it's like a bird in the sky. Sounds like a flying bathtub.
Try a real heli like the T-Rex 600, a damn fine heli you can hover in just less than a couple of minutes and put though the 3D. Get real.
Chain
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:49 am
PostPost subject:

I have a 4#3b it is a well made awesome heli but I still can't fly the dang thing. But looking forward till the day I can.

But way bash the mcx? For anyone learning and want to fly indoors in a small area, this copter is top notch. How the hell can you say it flys like a bus? It is smooth as glass and very easy to fly.
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:19 am
PostPost subject:

I have a MCX on the way, can't wait to give it a try. How well do they handle a crash or tipover landing. I know from experience with my CX2 every minor "whoops" cost me lower blades & outer shaft/gear.
Chain
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:17 am
PostPost subject:

Dumb Thumbs wrote:
I have a MCX on the way, can't wait to give it a try. How well do they handle a crash or tipover landing. I know from experience with my CX2 every minor "whoops" cost me lower blades & outer shaft/gear.

lol yeah I have went threw about 20 lower blades, I hardly ever damage the top ones. I have not even crashed the mcx it fly's to easy. You can land it any where you want. I flew it above my ceiling fan and landed it on a blade. This sucker is awesome indoor copter.

Give us a update when you get it and get some flight time.
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:18 am
PostPost subject:

Laughing
Ya, I've tried the landing on the fan blade many times with my CX2 and have come close to landing many times. Trouble is the CX2 puts out enough downdraft to start the fan blades turning! I'll keep trying.
Lee ALmond
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:32 am
PostPost subject:

I'm going to have to try that with my CX2. I think it would be cool to see the down draft make the ceiling fan blades turn. LOL! The only thing is I have never flown my CX2 indoors! Maybe this weekend. I'll let you all know what I break. Have a good one.
Chain
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:06 am
PostPost subject:

Lee ALmond wrote:
I'm going to have to try that with my CX2. I think it would be cool to see the down draft make the ceiling fan blades turn. LOL! The only thing is I have never flown my CX2 indoors! Maybe this weekend. I'll let you all know what I break. Have a good one.

Well CX2 indoors is not as fun as flying my MCX. It is just to dang big for my small house. About all I can do is hover and make very small circles.
I have got to fly the CX2 at a gym. OMG what a blast. The perfect place to fly one.
Every now and then I get a day with no wind at all. That also is perfect flying time.
Lee ALmond
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:52 am
PostPost subject:

Hey Chain,
I have to agree, I also have a small space to fly. That's where the Mcx comes into play. I just don't want to ding my CX2 indoors. But living in Kansas one has to get out of bed early in the morning to fly in calm wind. Been too long since the CX2 has been in the air. Maybe someday when I get the cash I will upgrade to another eggbeater that can withstand more wind. Spin like no tomorrow. Have a good one.
Lee,
The Blade
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:03 am
PostPost subject: McX is awsome

If ever you need a sress buster this is it,but i have 2 and both broken waiting for the flybar bracket at end of inner shaft both broken in flight.
Also have the CX2 when i want to fly it just go down to the local sports centre and hire a squash court for an hour.Perfect size.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Review All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: