blade sr. hard to wreck.

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Crash Logs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:13 pm
PostPost subject: blade sr. hard to wreck.

having fun yesterday evening doing small figure eights round the back garden with the blade sr. third battery and got a bit over confident and miscalulated a banked turn and ploughed into a chain link fence. destroyed my new red canopy but apart from that broke one blade and one blade grip and stripped a servo gear. i thought for sure it would be much worse. i thought my wife was going to die from laughing. i have all i need to repair in my kit box so i know what i will be doing tonight.
rebuilding is all part of the fun. Cool
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:27 pm
PostPost subject:

Hiya Chopper,
Great attitude there!! Very Happy
My wife knows better than to laugh at me, be nice to me or I will kick her foot with my butt!...No! Wait...I mean...oh, crap, nvm... Embarassed

You know, for being so lightly built and kinda flimsy feeling the E-flites are kinda tough at that, I have noticed that the MSR can take lot of abuse and keep on flying, the worst part on it is the landing gear, so I just bought a case of them, just in...case Rolling Eyes
Yeah, everytime I fly mine in the house the wife swats it down with a rolled up newspaper, and as I stand there with with my lower lip all stuck out and a big tear forming in my eye, she reaches up on her tippy toes and kisses me on the cheek and says, "there ya go sweetie, I got that mean ol' fly for you so you can go back to doing whatever it was you were doing"... Crying or Very sad

Glad your heli is doin' good, ..figure 8s' huh? Nice, can't wait 'til I can do those.
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:11 pm
PostPost subject: post subject

hi trouble
my figure eights were not that good thats why the heli hit fence. but to improve i think to practice new things is a must. better to mangle the sr its a lot cheaper and easier to fix than the blade 400 or t-rex pro.
the sr will be back in the air tonight and raring to go for another thrashing. Cool
you are right about blade heli's they do seem pretty tough, from what i have read about it the new mcp x is another tough guy to break.
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:37 am
PostPost subject:

You are absolutely 110% right!! You have to push it, try new things like you said. Don't worry about the hitting the fence, you still did figure 8s'! Hey, if Tareq Alsaadi can ram his 700 in the ground and smile....ummm,....(dang, what was the correct answer here?Confused )... so can I?
Wink
You have a great attitude for this hobby, cuz IT is gonna happen, no matter what, so, even though it might cost me a bit more to crash the 600, I am gonna be makin' up alot of time in the near future.
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:29 am

they do say if you fall off a horse you must remount and have another go and its the same with a heli. you go out and crash it. you bring it indoors to fix it. then you go out and crash it some more. its the challenge that makes it more fun if it was too easy it would be boring. each time you achieve some thing you feel good and then on to the next step. there is always some thing more to learn.
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:10 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Chopper,

There are two definates in this game 1. Your going to crash. 2 If your wife is watching she is going to laugh. I figure my wife comes with me most times I fly and she has to get something out of it even if it is only a laugh but most times it includes coffee & cake or lunch.

My flying mates and I tried to fly the other week on a day that was too windy, after we gave up and went for coffee we worked out that 12 months ago we all would have destroyed most of our machines but that day we walked away with no damage so without realising it our flying has improved greatly. We were able to fly in that wind, but it was hard work and not a lot of fun.
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:38 am

you are right admiral crashes are inevitable but as we improve they hopefully become less frequent. to be honest my wife is usually a miserable bugger so i only crash to cheer her up.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:22 am
PostPost subject:

My wife doesn't laugh at my crashes, she says "Haven't you learned to fly model toys after 62+ years of trying?"

Heck - she didn't even know me when I started, but she knows how to hurt now. Nothing worse than a solid kick when you're down! Crying or Very sad

Tom.
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:45 am
PostPost subject:

But..it does get better, Just like Admiral said there, a year ago they would have all wiped...but not now! Good Job Admiral btw!!! The more you practice the better you get, one reason I never discount the ol' Sim. It is practicing, just safer. NEVER, ever think of crashing or the expense WHILE you are flying!!! Talk about an inhibitor! Just have fun, that is what the end result is supposed to be, for me at least, to feel that bird fly and see it doing what you want. Get the ol' heart pumping Cool!! Just remember what the "old timers" here say, cuz I have been told enough times myself, "practice a thing 'til it is "Boring", then move on to the next step."

Quote:
to be honest my wife is usually a miserable bugger so i only crash to cheer her up.

You owe me a Coca Cola!! Regular, not diet! I lost mine thru my nose when I read that one! Shocked
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:05 pm

hey Tombo
if i hope to fly models as long as you have done i wll have to live to 117 and you havn't finished yet. i dont think i will ever catch up despite the advances in medical science. Confused
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Crash Logs All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: