Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Sim / Training

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
featured_article
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:07 pm
PostPost subject: Crash While You Learn!

This article can be found here: Crash While You Learn!

Please post comments here and they will automatically appear on the contents page. Commenting options on the article's main page was disabled due to spam.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:17 pm
PostPost subject: What's the best simulator?

So which simulator is the best of them all? I hear lots of good stuff about Reaflight. Is there anything better? It's so expensive compared to the others though...
flysideways
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:09 am
PostPost subject: Comment From the Main Page

Realflight is worth the money. It includes a good joystick controller and has very realistic simulation. And you can easily find it for $100 below list price.
I was surprised at how touchy it is to hover an RC heli, so learning on my Realflight simulator probably saved a few hundred dollars in repairs already.
foxtrot
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:11 pm
PostPost subject: Comment From the Main Page

I like Realflight too. I also have aeroflight and reflex but I don't think they are a match. Realflight's physics engine is really precise and advance. The graphics is much better too, especially for the G3.5.
dukeofsc
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:12 am
PostPost subject:

How much can I expect to pay for Real Flight and where is the cheapest place to purchase it? Also does anyone ever sell used programs?

dukeofsc
jordy
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:10 pm
PostPost subject:

There are always a quite a few second hand ones on Ebay and a few on Amazon. Just make sure that you read the description and buy the G3 version. Also make sure that it comes with the interlink controller.
blrush
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:57 am
PostPost subject: Sims and prices

Hi,first I am a "newbie"to this adventure called RC helicopters,and the first thing I did was to buy every thing I could find to read on the subject,then I went out and bought a really good sim, Realflight G3.5,and it has taught me I have LOTS to learn yet,but I am learning........I paid around $200.00 for mine new,but they can be found cheaper on ebay and other locations.But new or used the sim will pay for itself the first time you crash while using it,and believe me,you will!I have two small helis that I haven't even taken out of the box yet,but from what I have learned from the sim I have, has given me more confidence that when I do take them out for the first time I will more at ease with trying out what I have learned.My suggestion is to buy a good quality sim and read all you can,and then talk to those who have "been there,done that" and listen to what they have to offer in the way of advice,you can't go wrong!It will be hard not to to just jump right in,but the time and money spent doing these thing will pay off in the long run.Like I said I am a newbie and know next to nothing about flying and have no experience other than sim time,but I am learning and it's cheaper and almost as much fun as flying your heli for real.I have found that the old saying is true,there is no STUPID question,except for the one you DIDN'T ask.Everyone connected to this sport I have found is more than willing and ready to help those of us who want to learn.I have have met and made friends who will last a life time and are as dedicated to this sport as I am.I hope this helps you somewhat. Very Happy
Wiko
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:29 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi all,

I just found this site...Exciting stuff going on here! Well, after many years of peeping towards the RC community( Old static plastic builder Embarassed ) I finaly got the guts to manoeuver over to you guys...I have some questions if you guys have the time;

1. I wanted to start with something affordable so I though that the Esky Honey bee king II might be a go start, Where I live it is half price or more to T-rex etc..Is this a sensible choice fellers?

2. The guy in the store told me to buy E sky´s SIM PACK(13£) being an ex pilot my self I knew that the transition would be rough, going from fixed wing to rotary and RC Shocked it is the devil-Now just how big a difference is there between that Sim and other, can I learn well with this equipment?

3. Being used to training with a sylabus and flightpatterns I find it difficult to train without markers and boxes( areas) where can I download patterns or similar for hovering and flying box and circular patterns compatible for FMS Sim?

All the best

Wiko
silhouette015
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:11 pm
PostPost subject:

Wiko wrote:
Hi all,

I just found this site...Exciting stuff going on here! Well, after many years of peeping towards the RC community( Old static plastic builder Embarassed ) I finaly got the guts to manoeuver over to you guys...I have some questions if you guys have the time;

1. I wanted to start with something affordable so I though that the Esky Honey bee king II might be a go start, Where I live it is half price or more to T-rex etc..Is this a sensible choice fellers?

2. The guy in the store told me to buy E sky´s SIM PACK(13£) being an ex pilot my self I knew that the transition would be rough, going from fixed wing to rotary and RC Shocked it is the devil-Now just how big a difference is there between that Sim and other, can I learn well with this equipment?

3. Being used to training with a sylabus and flightpatterns I find it difficult to train without markers and boxes( areas) where can I download patterns or similar for hovering and flying box and circular patterns compatible for FMS Sim?

All the best

Wiko

Hello Wiko and welome to our forum!

First of all, now is a great time to start flying electric rc helicopters with the price coming down.

Now to answer your questions.

1. I think esky is a good for beginners and the bee king II will do nicely. If you pay a little extra, you'll get an even better model, the Belt-CP. Actually, our new member Jim (69maverick) just made a nice post regarding this issue here Smile

2. The esky's sim pack is a good beginner's sim. I have that pack my self. The good thing about it is that it comes with a USB controller that will allow you to use the sim even if you don't have a transmitter. If you want to go for a really realistic top of the line sims though, go for realflight G3.5 or PhoenixRC. I am a user of realflight G3.5 my self and I can say it's physics engine and overall performance is pretty good. I've heard lots of good things about Phoenix too. And it being launched way after realflight means that it should perform even better (and it's cheaper too).

3. To learn patterns for helis in the sims, you can use the training program that comes with it. For realflight G3.5, I found the orientation training especially useful. In this exercise, you have to pilot your helicopter to catch your instructor's "ghost" helicopter. And it gets harder and harder. In aerofly, there's a "break the ballons" type training program.

Once again, welcome and I hope you enjoy Smile
Troyboy
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:49 pm
PostPost subject: Phoenix RC sim

Here are some pics of Phoenix Sim
http://www.phoenix-sim.com/welcome.htm

Last edited by Troyboy on Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
robinhood
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:24 pm
PostPost subject:

Ohh my gosh the phoenix sims looks stunning! Shocked
Troyboy
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:13 am
PostPost subject:

robinhood wrote:
Ohh my gosh the phoenix sims looks stunning! Shocked

Heres a couple more to feast your eyes on.. Very Happy Very Happy

philip_blade400
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:32 pm
PostPost subject: Phoenix RC

Just purchased my first helicopter, an E-Flite Blade 400. I intentionally wanted a very steep learning curve and took interest to the hobby after playing with a coaxial blade the other week. Just playing around with the brand new helicopter, I managed to go through a set of main blades even before taking off the ground. Was a friendly reminder it wasn't a toy and I had to put in the effort if I wanted to enjoy it. After some research, I purchased Phoenix RC simulator and have been putting a few evenings a week into it. After wondering whether I could be convinced wrong for not starting with something easier, I can now hover comfortably. The lesson learnt here is that there's no fundamental barrier buying a intermediate helicopter as a beginner if you're willing to spend the time on a simulator and absorbing the experience of others. I'm only starting but have saved plenty of dollars and frustration. Lastly, patience is important while learning, the new helicopter sat on the bench for weeks before I took it to flight. I'm sure I'll go through parts but am quite glad I purchased the simulator especially as I progress in proficiency.
nooh
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:46 pm
PostPost subject:

Quote:
patience is important while learning

Very True philip_blade400 something I will be doing that is for sure. Wink
Lee ALmond
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:05 am
PostPost subject:

I just have the Blade CX2 & MCX, have flown bigger helis which friends let me fly. Before I put down the cash for a bigger heli I will buy a sim, maybe I can talk the girlfriend into buying me one for Christmas. The ones I have seen above look excellent. I would much rather practice on a sim than crashing a $400.00 dollar plus heli and then spend money and time replacing parts only to crash again, hell on a sim crash and learn. Thanks again guys. Have a good one and fly like no tommorow.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Sim / Training All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: