Don't Put Throttle in Reverse..

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Crash Logs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:59 am
PostPost subject: Don't Put Throttle in Reverse..

Yep, don't put throttle in Reverse...After my great flight w/o TG I had the wonderful idea of fine tuning the heli just a bit more to make it absolutely perfect,..sigh...and all I did was totally mess it up, burnt up the expensive Digital rudder servo ( I guess, doesn't work no mo'...)the tail wagged horribly, then went around in circles, then it vibrated /hopped all over theplace, then wouldn't take off, no matter how much power I gave it, so..hey.."must be reversed somehow, put Throttle in Reverse, flipped the throttle hold switch, and all by it's self it just took off Shocked .??!!?? sideways left to bout 60 ft. went down the block and hit in a tree, ..'bout 60 ft. up... Rolling Eyes the ppl there asked me if I worked in a Circus...lmao. "sure do know how to climb a tree!" Then.." is it expensive?"..."yes",..."thought so, or your crazy for climbing that high for a hundred bucks!"...yes ma'am, if it cost only a hundred bucks, you could have it for a tree ornament!"....I hate hights too. "just don't look down!"
On the bright side, I have it back, and all the electronics work!! Cool

It's up there, believe me! 'bout halfway up that last high limb...

Not too bad considering!!! So far, I "think" just the boom and the Flybar, and the link to the Blade holder. If that is all, I am actually very lucky! Of course I am gonna have to redo EVERYTHING in the setup...I shudda just left it alone in the first place....damn!
Lessons learned:
If it ain't broke don't fix it!

P.S. Oh, btw, throttle cut, nor throttle hold will shut it off, it is also very fast!!! Twisted Evil
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:44 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Trouble,
Sorry to see the damage, surprises me that the throttle hold would start it but wouldn't stop it, sure somebody will have an explanation for that. It always amazes me how resiliant these Helicopters are after plying RC fixed wing. A crash like that with a plank would be a total write off, Boom, Flybar & blade holder and the 450 is back in the air, and maybe the servo if that was caused by the crash.

Good luck with the repair and set up again, I'm sure that it won't slow you progress.
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:52 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks Keith!
I truly thought it would be a total write off, I "thought" about just leaving it up there, I was sure it was a total write off. After the long struggle of finally getting up there and gripping the limbs like a cat that just got scared I saw it was pretty ok. I had the tail in my teeth on the way down and that was quite fun also.... Rolling Eyes then my wife says "why didn't you take some string with you and lower it down...... Shocked .........I had nothing to say.....
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:07 am
PostPost subject:

Well, be thankful it only hit a tree, not a kid playing in his front yard.
Just something to think about is all...
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:03 am
PostPost subject:

WOW!!!!! that sucks.
Glad no one got hurt. Hope you get it together soon
Throttle hold should have turned it off. It sounds like you don't have something programed right.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Crash Logs All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: