Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> T-REX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:24 pm
PostPost subject:

It is hard for me to understand the manual..sigh...i gues 1st question off the bat is where is the Throttle hold, lol.
and, are there end points to the swash? I know when I was moving things around it seems that it was binding in a certain position.
I hate to say this, but..to tell ya the truth I can't even get out of this screen that you see...lmao. No matter what button I push...Jeez, I feel like the 1st day I started on this Forum asking ya'll the most astoundingly dumbass questions... Rolling Eyes
(but, i'm having fun, have new toys)
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:48 pm
PostPost subject:

It's a touch pad.. that thing on the right..
Double tap the the top of it where is says link, and it will take you into the basic menu. You move around the menu and change things by rolling you rthumb or finger around it like a volume knob. When you get to a thing you want to change, then stop on that item. Tap the center of the pad and it will change open that item up. Again, run your finger in a circle left or right to change the value up or down. When done, tap the center again. circle the finger till you are at the top of the page, and tap the center and it will take you back to the main start up screen.
To enter the advanced menu double tap the MDL and another menu will open. This is the advanced menu, throttle and pitch curves and stuff are here..
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:46 am
PostPost subject:

Well did you figure out some of your radio yet??
It really is a nice radio once you figure your way around..
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:49 am
PostPost subject:

Hey Crash...sorry, don't it figure...everytime need to get something done , something else comes up, Father-in-law comes to town, have to spend time with and all the stuff that goes with it Rolling Eyes
But yes and no, I followed your advice and did get into the system, but....have no idea what all to do with everything, did find that the swash does have endpoints, will have to get with ya on that, cuz I know the Aileron is going way to far to one side and is binding...anyhoo, will get with ya tomorrow night if you are around. Oh, the rudder servo is the stock Align Digital Coreless Motor DS620
a page that talks aboutthe Gyro and the regulator, I don't understand the thing about removing the red wire..? Is this pic good enuff for you to read?
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:47 pm
PostPost subject:

Hey Bill,
It was great talking to you tonight on skype, putting a face with a name is always a bonus.. I was glad that I could help you get your radio sorted out and you heli set up. It seems that these 600's are getting popular.
After we hung up a guy that I have been helping wanted to meet him at the field tomorrow and help him stup 2 of his that I converted to flybarless a couple of weeks ago.
For you question about the red wire...
They want you to remove the red wire from the speed controller's plug. So I guess that it does power the reciever, you just don't want it too.
So take the speed controller plug that goes into the reciever and either pull the red wire out, or cut it. Does not matter, just remove it. This way you are getting all your power thru the Regulater.
Also, since you are using the DS620 on the tail, remove the in-line step down, you want to run that servo at 6V so it will be faster. All your servos can handle up to 8V with no worries..
Talk to you later....
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:29 am
PostPost subject:

Yup, yup, and many thanks for the great help also!!!! sure are many things things different with this heli and the 450/500 class.
And really great thanks for the help on the Futaba T8FG!!! Now, I need to know about the throttle hold, lol, says I need to assign a switch for this and so far I am not having much luck...haha... Crying or Very sad Umm, I do need throttle hold with the Futaba? or is that just another thing I don't need anymore like I did on the Spek.
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:47 am
PostPost subject:

You want throttle hold. When you go to the part about asigning a switch, it will open a page with like4 rows of things in it. If you look at your switches, they are lettered like SB,SG,SH. so you just pick the one you want and then center hit the button over it, then to the right you will see 3 off's, just highlite one and make it say on, then when the switch is in that position it will be on,
Simple huh????
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:08 am
PostPost subject:

Shocked uuuh...yea, ..sure,.... no problemo...
Actually I have been there, and tried, kinda sorta understood it a little but didn't seem to work in the TX when I actually applied it, will try again. I do know what ya mean though.
I know I need thr hold, for autorotations and such, but looking for the safety factor, to have thr hold until I am ready to take off, or do I not need that with the Futaba?
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:31 am
PostPost subject:

You need it with any radio.
It's a safety thing, you don't want to bump the throttle with the heli in your hand as you walk to the flight line do you?? Or while you working on the bench...
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:44 am
PostPost subject:

k, just makin' sure, I definitly wanted that safety factor! I think I got it set up, I did something anyway, lol, will find out when I get my new 6s. See where it says "normal" on the bottom of the main screen?, I have it set now to where it says "hold" if I move my selected toggle, in other words I can make the toggle say "normal" or "hold" on the main screen, so...I assume that is it.
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:21 am
PostPost subject:

YEAH!!!! Your got it... By the time your done with this one, and onto the next heli, you will be breazing thru the radio like a pro..
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:17 pm
PostPost subject:

yaaaaa....
....Phew!!....*wheeze*,.... *puff, puff*...that actually took some work! I am beginning to think this TX can do the dishes too...for every program there are like 5 settings (or more)!!!Jeez...!

....I am pretty sure it can vacuum though, as the L/R was all clean when I got up this morning and the TX was sitting on the coffee table with this smug look on it....hmmm Shocked
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:07 am
PostPost subject:

Well, How is it so far? Did you get a test hover in yet?
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:55 am
PostPost subject:

NO...too scared..... Embarassed
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:38 am
PostPost subject:

I don't blame you.. I just did a test flight for a guy whos heli I just installed a new flybarless 3G system. Nervous, is when it'n not even your bird and you have to hover it with a system that I really don't care for. The 3G is just to tempermental for my liking. But it went well and this time it flew pretty good out of the box..
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> T-REX All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: