Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Crash Logs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orlandosctt
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:59 am
PostPost subject: First good flight, first hard crash

So I decided that after the evening rain, I would take my long awaited flight for my YD-911 Defender R/C helo. I went out to the tennis courts of my apartments which is uncovered and unrestricted by trees and other object other that the nets. Mind you that I got the helo for christmas last year and we were living at Ft Drum. Not the best time to fly anything, or be outside for that matter. The snow was at least up to my waist. I had to try it anyways. So I took it outside in my back yard and throttled up. Up the helo went, but with not much of a charge out of the box. It soon came down. I barely saved it from hitting the stairs by catching it, but it costed me a few hurt, bleeding fingers from the main blades. Anyways. Today was my day. I wanted to show off to my kids so I took the helo as far as it would go. Not really paying attention to where the helo was, I decided to bring the bird down. Way too fast and right on top of the roof of our leasing office. I pushed it into full throttle, but it was too late. Off the roof it slid right into the sidewalk and bushes, wide open. I shut off the engine and yelled "recovery" to the boys, who were already rushing to get the helo. Luckly, no major damage. Just a broken skid and back rotor blade. Lets say we'll try it in a barren field the next time.
nick_onelove
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:54 am
PostPost subject:

Haha, at least the damage was so minor.

I always try out new helis and new maneuvers somewhere I know I won't be bothered or tempted to show-off. If you can't do something when you're alone you're definitely not gonna be able to when you're nervous that people are watching you.

Anyway, I agree with your idea; go somewhere with plenty of wide open space, it'll be much easier to fly.
platinum
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:10 am
PostPost subject: Re: First good flight, first hard crash

orlandosctt wrote:
It soon came down. I barely saved it from hitting the stairs by catching it, but it costed me a few hurt, bleeding fingers from the main blades. .......... Lets say we'll try it in a barren field the next time.

The YD-911 Defender R/C rather large 450mm rotor dia nice looking heli.

Go somewhere with plenty of wide open space, have fun flying. Smile

platinum
carr52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:49 am
PostPost subject:

I didn't have anything that spectacular but the little MSRX started to climb on it's own so I cut the power then gave it power and, well it just got ugly after that. I tried to tell myself "Self, it's not that windy lets go out and play" being a very inexperienced pilot I over reacted to the heli doing the auto gyro thing and flew it into the ground. I thought I was doing pretty good up till that time. Broken rotor blade seems to be the only damage so it will be and easy fix unlike my confidence. Just have to keep trying.

Tom
carr52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:22 am
PostPost subject:

That crash turned out to be a little more expensive then first thought. I went online to buy a couple sets of new blades and saw a MCPX with 5 extra batteries for $179.00. Yeah you guessed it. Should be here friday. My crash went from $10.00 msrx blades to mcpx and msrx blades. I wanted one anyway.

Tom
nick_onelove
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:37 am
PostPost subject:

Congrats! I don't think you'll regret it, it's an ideal CP trainer.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Crash Logs All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: