Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Honey Bee
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparky327
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:34 am
PostPost subject: HBK III V3 problems

I just bought a RTF Honey Bee King V3. I am new to this hobby and to this forum. I have a 3 ch helicopter but decided to jump up in the size. I bought this one but have a few issues I can't seem to work out. So here they are...(1) The tail rotor I can't get dialed in. No matter where I sent the trim the tail wants to spin left (nose right). When I try to take off the helicopter wants to roll left and nose up like the tail is heavy. Now with that said ...my first attempted flight turned into a mess. I didn't have the training gear on at the time (maight have saved some money. I lefted off the helicopter rolled left, nosed up. I over corrected and put the blades in the grass. Ended up bending the feathering shaft and taking a few teeth out of the plastic main gear. Cost about $40 parts and shipping. So now I'm trying to get this thing figured out so I don;t make any more costly mistakes. Any help would be great. Laughing
NMGeezer
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:11 am
PostPost subject:

Hi sparky327,

Welcome to the forum and the Heli. hobby, I think you are going to enjoy it. You are making a big jump from a 3 channel to a 6 channel CP Heli. I would strongly suggest a flight Simulator to practice on. There are pricey ones and cheap ones, but any of them will save you a lot of money in the long run. You don't have to buy parts when you crash the sim Smile and you can practice your orientation and handeling for hours without going through batteries. I am still flying a 4 channel coaxial so I can't help a lot, but there a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum and you will have your answer soon.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:19 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Sparky327 and welcome,

+1 on MCGeezers' advice to get a simulator, my recommendation for a free one is HeliSimRC.

Now your heli. First all single rotor helis pull left on lift off. The vector forces of the tail rotor balancing the torque of the main rotor in full ground effect does this. You need to set up the tail properly.

To save me writing it all out again in my words see Crashagains' excellent set up on this forum. Here's the link. It's for the Wasp V3 but applies to all gyro assisted tail rotors. (Thanks for that post Crashagain.)

Any probs don't hesitate to ask.
sparky327
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:48 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks guys. I did purchase a flight sim. I played around with that before I ever took the helicopter out on it's first flight. I still mess play around on the sim. Don't think I'll ever stop using it. So back to the problem I was having with my HBK 3. I flew it last night when I got off work. I the problem with the take off was me. I noticed that if I spooled up the throttle slowly the heli want to wander all over. REALLY bad about 1/2 - 1 foot off the ground. Once I got past that it was all good. I was able to fly it for about a minute or two then have to set it down. I found that when I had it in the air it still wanted to drift off to the left. Before I could make any adjustments, I had a catostrophic parts failure. The feather shaft snaped in half sending the heli to the ground and parts scattered all around my yard. Luckily the heli was close to the ground and everything seemed ok (besides the broken rotors and missing step washers and a few other broken parts). I took the heli in the house and found that the swash plate isn't adjusted to be flat with the trims in the neutral position. So with that said...I will wait for my parts to come in, make my adjustments and try again. NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!

Thanks for the link to the "set up" post. And thank you for the warm welcome.
frank26all
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:34 am
PostPost subject: king III problems

I had very similiar problems,I also bought a new king III but mine wouldn't trim out very well no matter what I did and it cost me just a set of blades then I had a great solution,I robbed the dsm2 receiver out of my blade cx2 and put it in my king now it's bound with the dx6i and I have an infinite amount of adjustment , to bad I broke the cheap little frame that's just below the motor trying to put a battery in and get good cg , does anyone know where I can get a more durable frame for this honey bee king III . thanks
T-R-E-V
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:54 pm
PostPost subject:

Hello sparky327,

You can compensate for low ground wandering by moving the tail servo back towards the helicopter;

This will alter the tail blade pitch. If drifting to the left while in the air check the swash plate is level.

frank26all,

Can you please enplane how you robbed the dsm2 receiver out of your blade cx2, and used it on your King III. I have both of these and this sounds interesting.

You can get an Xtreme Carbon Fiber Frame for the Esky Honey Bee King III on ebay, for £48 ($80)

Trev.
frank26all
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:19 am
PostPost subject: dsm2

hello t-r-e-v this switchover was really easy and I'm a complete beginner I have basically been in this hobby about 4 months and have gathered all my knowledge what little it is from youtube and these forums . All I did was take out the receiver from my cx2 and hook it up in my hbk then all I had to do was bind it to the dx6i then I got on youtube and found all the pitch curve and throttle curve and other setting for blade 400 and entered them all in it was real easy and thats how I setup my helimax mx450 and it's real tame so I can learn how to hover then later I can go back in my tx and readjust all the settings to make it more responsive.hope this helps but I'm the wrong guy to give anybody advice but I'm learning as I go and don't forget to disconnect your motor, I almost took my eye out .when I accidentally reversed the throttle setting . (ouch)

Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Honey Bee All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: