Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Honey Bee
View previous topic :: View next topic  
widget
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:30 am
PostPost subject: HBK3 pitching downwards on spinup

Hello guys n gals...a double posting.

Firstly to introduce myself to the forum - I am from Aberdeen and have a nitro V1 rappy 30 and a HBK3 (more recent purchase). Very new to electric heli and got the HB for a bit of fun, and to learn more about helis to better my nitro flying. Been flying helis on and off for a couple of years now and definately still learning!

OK, the reason for this post...I have had to replace and re-ballance the main rotors due to an accident (I clipped a chair Embarassed ...probbably best not to ask! ). I also raplaced the control linkages above the main rotor which now look more or less as they did pre crash. My problem is that the heli servo which controls pitch seems to have become inverted.

On spin up, the motor rotates up to speed but the heli pitches down rather than up! Have confirmed this by holding the heli and spinning it up and can feel it pitching down strongly. It's almost as though the heli is in some kind of inverted flight mode, or in my wisdom I have managed to mix up the control rods when I put the linkages above the main rotor back together. Have checked the TX switches to make sure the settings are as they were and all look to be OK.

Only other odd thing I have noticed is that one of the servos around the head (can't pin point which one it is) seems to grind and spin occasionally. Not sure if this is poss a totalled servo or just something to do with the fact that pitch is reversed...

Any ideas?
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:00 am
PostPost subject:

Hi widget,

Welcome to the forum.

You have installed the Blade grips upside down, the Nyloc Nut should be underneath, easy mistake to make I have done it myself. Reverse them and the controls should be back to normal.
laneritc
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:00 am
PostPost subject:

hi widget lane here, dont' know a whole lot but looking at your picture i believe your main blade holders are upside down inverted or something on mine the screws go in from the top. i'm sure someone who knows will give you the right answer, good luck
widget
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:44 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks for the replies guys. I`ve been looking over again and again to spot the mistake as well.] Laughing

I`ll turn them over tomorrow and report back on progress

Cheers
widget
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:19 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks for spotting that guys. Blades now as they should be and she hovers once again! Trim settings all appear to be good except that the trim on the right stick is forward to the max and could do with going slightly further even. I take it that standard procedure with these helis is to shorten the relevant control rod to suit? Any tips?
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 am
PostPost subject: post subject

can you mount the battery further forward in the tray. could help your trim problem. you dont want to mess with the rods if your swash is level.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:33 am
PostPost subject:

Chopper has hit it here, the question is; "Is the swash level?" That is where your setup starts.

Tom.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Honey Bee All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: