HIKO 400 questions

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Walkera

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferretmaster
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

Location: Casa Grande AZ, USA. 66 and yes! Heli's reverse aging!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 pm
PostPost subject: HIKO 400 questions

I received my HIKO 400 from Miracle Mart a few days ago and have a real basic question. (Good folks there at M-M, and they ship FAST, like the same day they got my order)
The tail rotor belt drive is too tight and I am unable to loosen either end of the boom enough to make the adjustment. Any ideas?
The screws loosen, but the boom will not rotate or move in (or out).
My rule of thumb is if you need to grip with a tool to rotate a boom, something is wrong.
Did all the other basic stuff, remove all screws and loctite. No evidence of loctite anywhere! Basic hover settings and tracking done. Just need to put on the "training wheels" and get outside.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:33 am
PostPost subject:

Had a similar problem with my Blade 400 when I first got it. I had to take the tail block screws right out and force the block apart. Since then no problems at all. Almost like the boom was stuck in the block, but I couldn't see any signs of glue.

Tom.
ferretmaster
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:42 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks for the quick reply Tom.
I was willing to bet you would be the one (first?) to reply. I am 63 years old (young?) and have been out of the RC "thing" for a LOT of years, but anxious to get back up to speed. Basically my first effort at heli type flying objects. Have been working on the sim a lot, ClearView as a matter of detail, and am bored to tears and happy as a clam I got it first. Crashes are numerous and cheap! Got a CB180Z as the first heli and was hoping it would be big enough to learn with outside as I have no place to fly indoors, no such luck. First good breeze gust and the thing was 100 yards down wind, inverted in a bush! Very little damage except to the pride. I really wanted to go with a 450 size kit as I like to know how things operate and go together. Figured that the 8 channel rig from Walkera was fairly inexpensive in the HIKO 400 package, and it might be big enough to buck a low headwind. From what I have read Walkera has come a long way with their electronics and the ultimate plan is still to build a Trex 450 size clone if it is the practical way to go.
Been watching the postings for quite some time and already feel like I know you and you are a friend. You always respond to people with respect, no matter how goofy the question. A rare quality these days.
Anyway, thanks for the response, I will use a little force on the boom and get to hovering tomorrow!!

Dave the "ferretmaster"
HeliX
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:15 am
PostPost subject:

Hello all, bit of a noob here Smile

Dave, I also have a Hiko 400 with a "welded" tail block. How did you get it off of the boom? I too am apprehensive to attack it with a barrage from the tool box, so any light you could shed on this would be fantastic Smile

I'm about to order a set of tail fittings from the V450D01 to try on the Hiko (Looks almost identical to the Hiko setup, but with a few improvements) I'm finding that there are not a lot of dealers supporting this Heli, so if it works at least I'll hopefully secure spares with a little more availability...

I'll post back to let others know how it goes...

Cheers
Travis.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:33 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Ferretmaster,

I've always believed that if somethng does not work; what more harm can you do to it? In the case of the boom it was a gentle(?) pressure side-to-side that got it on the move. No big hammers involved.

By the way, you're too young to feel old.

Tom.
hiko400man
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:44 am
PostPost subject: Hiko 400 tail rotor bailt

I also have a Hiko 400. The tail rotor belts is slipping down almost off the left side belt idler. Has anyone had this problem? How to fix?

Tim

Thanks hiko400man
ferretmaster
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:08 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks for the tip again Tombo.
My thoughts are the factory uses a bit of CA on the boom/block connection. After using an escalating amount of force (did not resort to a hammer Laughing) it broke free with no damage. I do believe I did the side to side and up down wiggle too. Do not rotate however. My memory says there is a guide slot on the boom and a plastic tab used for alignment (or was that my Mini Titan? Rolling Eyes ). Anyway, straight back pressure, gentle rocking and add a bit of wide blade screwdriver twist to separate the block just a tiny bit. Worked for me!

Good Luck!!
ferretmaster
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:11 am
PostPost subject:

Oh, by the way....a lot of the way you feel at this age depends on how you lived life up 'till now.

Hard on the throttle early on ends up costing you in milage at the end.

Just made that up, sound okay Wink ?
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Walkera All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: