Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lillpojken
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:42 am
PostPost subject: HobbyKing Pro GT 450 Kit ?

I have been looking at the HobbyKing 450 pro GT (belt drive)
and wondering if anyone out there has put one together?
Richard
-QIK-
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:29 pm
PostPost subject:

I just bought two kits. One to fly and one for parts.

I should have them next week sometime. I think the motor I bought might be a little to fast. But I will see how it goes.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:19 am
PostPost subject:

Keep us posted has to how the built goes. What parts you use. Etc.

jack
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:00 am
PostPost subject:

Hi lillpojken,

How is the build going, one of my fly mates who normally only flies Align has a HK450GT and prefers it over his Trex 450, says it's a lot smoother and predictable to fly. His is finished off with Hitec servos and a Quark Gyro.
-QIK-
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:07 am
PostPost subject:

Ok, well my HK450 has been built.

Goodies inside:

Align servo's.
Align 790 gyro.
Turnigy 40 amp esc.
Turnigy Typhoon 3550 motor.

The kit went together pretty easy. Being the first heli I have ever built I watched a few build videos on YouTube.

One thing to watch are the screws. I found them to be soft and picking up a screw kit for an align 450 is an idea. Or cheaper, go buy a selection of screws from a nut n bolt place.

With some advice from a heli freak friend I ditched the std blades and fitted Align carbon fibre ones.

When we fired the chopper up it seemed to have a slight vibration in the head area.

I replaced the drive gear with align and also the main shaft.

We also found some of the linkage rods in the kit to be way longer than needed, so these were replaced with align.

It still seems to have a small vibe and I think it might be the one way bearing holder, so I will prob replace it as well.

I have since bought an Align 450 sport V2 and it now lives inside a HK MD 500 body.

As Im no heli expert building both kits was interesting. I found good points and bad with both, some things were easier and some harder.

I have flown my HK a couple of times but for instant fun I was offered a Blade 450 pro 3d cheap, so it is my pratice heli as parts are cheap and near every hobby shop has them.

If I had my time again I would buy the blade 450 first, then the Align and last the HK.

Yes the HK 450 is cheap, but for learning building and flying you will find it frustrating. It was doing my head in trying to find / learn about building it. (no instructions)

Now that I have learnt a little about heli's, playing with the HK doesnt hurt the head so much.

Hope this info helps.

Cheers,

Rob.

Oh, when I get off my lazy butt, I'll take a couple of pic's.
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:35 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Rob,

Sounds like your getting right into it, I agree the HK is frustrating without instructions, when I built my HK250 I downloaded the Align 250 manual and used it and like the 450 the screws were crap, every time I need to replace anything on it I use Align parts, it now has Align Tail Rotor, DFC Head, ESC, Blades and Scorpion Motor flys well.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:13 am
PostPost subject:

Rob,

Interesting comments, many builders comment about soft screws in Hobbyking kits.

Interesting to read that even after changing the main shaft and main drive for Align components, there is still a vibration of which you suspect the one-way clutch bearing. Did you replace the whole gear assembly set HS1218A which includes the main gear case, or just the Main Drive Gear wheel onto the HK main gear case? If you fit an Align main gear case complete with one-way clutch bearing, the main gear wheel will aline properly and run concentrically.

If the bottom jesus-bolt is too tight it will deform the one way bearing shaft tube inducing vibrations up the main shaft. Using an M2 nylock nut on the jesus-blot will allow for fitting without deforming the bearing shaft tube walls, and that will allow the auto rotation gear and thus the main gear to self-aline in their planes of rotation.

Vibrations are something inherent in all RC helicopters, time spent learning how to identify and rectify them is all part of the leaning process.

You may find the following download useful:-
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uploads/330672722X86875X4.pdf

Burgess
-QIK-
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:55 pm
PostPost subject:

Burgess,

I only replaced the main gear itself. Once we move out of this apartment and into a house (1 week to go) and we un-pack everything, then I'll look at replacing the one way bearing and carrier.

I have been content with flying my align 450 incased in a MD500 body. Damn those body's look good.

I still have the A2Pro that needs the servo arms reset as my radio settings and trim seem to be diffrent from the old owner.

Keith,

I have limited myself atm to 4 choppers. I would love a larger one, but I have enough to last me awhile.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: