Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Honey Bee

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magyarbacsi
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:44 am
PostPost subject: Honey Bee CP3

I bought one and is on the way, only cause it was so cheap and rather tear that up while learning cp than a nicer, like Tarot 450 TT pro.

Reviews are mixed and I did not see anything too negative. I know there are some who upgraded the elctronics to brushless motor(s). If the main motor is changed to a brushless would I have to use one also for the tail and two seperate speed controllers? A 4000kv Turnigy and 20A ESC from hobbyking for around $20. I would not spend as much just to upgrade as the original price of the copter.Just thinking and may not even go there. Wondering if the 3in1 receicver could handle such an upgrade and staying with 3s <1000MA cell LiPo.

This will be just my learning machine, but who knows, if I get to reasonably control it, I my upgrade and become my regular flyer. Then move up to my not yet flown 450s.
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:57 am
PostPost subject:

Hi magyarbacsi,

The Honey Bee CP3 by all accounts is not a bad little helicopter as it is, you may improve the performance with a Brushless motor but is it worth the mucking around, however the easiest way would be to use a Blade SR ESC which supports a brushless main motor and brushed tail motor already.

Easier still, would be to make the move up to 450 easier to fly, no tail motor and easier to get parts.
magyarbacsi
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:24 am
PostPost subject: Honeybee CP3

Admiral thanx for the advice. The truth is I have 4 450 kits, one ready to fly (crash) one almost done and two more in a box, complete with electronics.

I thought of practicing on a cheap 6 ch cp to start with and this bird happened to be $118 delivered. They are harder to find as most vendors are out of stock. I have a HK 450 ready to fly, CopterX, Tarot and one E450 belt drive. Every one was around $100. I love to build and tinker with mechanical things. Oddly, it helps me to relax.

I think I'll just leave it as is, put trainers on it and give it a whirl. I do pretty good on a 4ch fixed pitch and trying to ease into cp. I'll rig up a trainer as copteraddict's system and see.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Honey Bee All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: