Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaydin56
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:08 am
PostPost subject: Honey Bee FP V2 review

I know I've not been flying long enough to give a pro's point of view on a review, but I feel I can give a decent review from a learner's point.

Let's start with the cons. I like starting with the cons, because it makes the pros seem to be surprises.

Cons: Parts not readily available unless ordered from either china, or a place in California, a week to wait for parts can be...frustrating lol.

Battery: It's an 11.1v for sure, but it takes a certain shape, other 11.1v batteries might be hard or impossible to properly mount.

Tail motor: A belt or gear drive here would be preferable, and I might try to make that mod myself.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pros:

Size: It's small enough to be hovered indoors

Can fly like a six channel: It's fast, easily able to negotiate light winds, just cannot fly upside down..no real biggie actually, I'm not looking to do that just yet.

Cheap to replace parts: Thus far all I've broken is a control rod, and a pair runs $4.95, I even got a couple extra engines just in case one goes out.

It's Fast: This goes back to maneuverability as well, but when I put mine into the window, it moved quick. I blinked, and was picking it up.

Spinning it up doesn't make my heart go wild like my King 3 does: The smaller motor, and plastic blades don't scare me like those big wooden ones and that 400 size brushless motor does on spin up.

Over all the HBFP V2 is a very good..in this rookie's humble opinion..training heli.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Review All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: