Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Honey Bee Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
camoflight
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:09 pm
PostPost subject: Honey Bee King 2 by Esky

Are there any Honey Bee King pilots here? Was wondering weather it's good. Looks like it's in the same league as the belt-cp.
puma
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:23 am
PostPost subject:

I've seen one in flight. Flies just as good as my belt-cp. Looks better too
camoflight
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:01 pm
PostPost subject:

Lots of people are saying that it can use belt-cp's parts. Is that true?
hound15
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:19 am
PostPost subject:

camoflight wrote:
Lots of people are saying that it can use belt-cp's parts. Is that true?

yes it is.
69maverick
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:05 am
PostPost subject: Its true!

I have Two King V2s and I use all of the upper head parts on the King Rotor head. It will cost about 40 bucks to make the change, You need all the parts except the rotor head. The Bearing parts from the Belt work great! I am or should say I bought and are waiting for my Belt Cp to come in the mail this week.
I know that if my King is as good as it is the Belt will be even better. So if I were to tell someone to but something even though I don't have mine yet I would say go with the Belt Cp right off! From everything I have read its parts interchangs with many of the Trex 450. Knowing now the things I know now,
I would buy a Futaba radio and a dual conversion RX with a Telebee/Zoom Head Lock Gyro (TLB01).Power it with a Esky 3900kv or larger with a Castle Creations PHOENIX-25 speed control and use Hitec HS-55 servos. you will need a 20C LIPO battery atleast a 1350. Mega Power makes a good one cheap. This is where you can start out without wasting money. If the landing gear is the same as the King then I use Align 450 gear on my King so that is what I will put on my belt as well.

Jim

Last edited by 69maverick on Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
silhouette015
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:50 pm
PostPost subject: Re: Its true!

69maverick wrote:
I have Two King V2s and I use all of the upper head parts on the King Rotor head. It will cost about 40 bucks to make the change, You need all the parts except the rotor head. The Bearing parts from the Belt work great! I am or should say I bought and are waiting for my Belt Cp to come in the mail this week.
I know that if my King is as good as it is the Belt will be even better. So if I were to tell someone to but something even though I don't have mine yet I would say go with the Belt Cp right off! From everything I have read its parts interchangs with many of the Trex 450. Knowing now the things I know now,
I would buy a Futaba radio and a daul conversion RX with a Telebee/Zoom Head Lock Gyro (TLB01).Power it with a Esky 3900kv or larger with a Castle Creations PHOENIX-25 speed control and use Hitec HS-55 servos. you will need a 20C LIPO battery atleast a 1350. Mega Power makes a good one cheap. This is where you can start out without wasting money. If the landing gear is the same as the King then I use Align 450 gear on my King so that is what I will put on my belt as well.

Jim

Thankyou Jim for the useful information Smile I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying your Kings. There's no better feeling when the model flies the way it should and it meets all your expectation! And keep us posted about the belt-cp when it arrives. The belt-cp was quite a big news around my local community and those that bought one are all happy with it. So my guess is that you'd like it too. Cool

By the way, do you know where to get belt-cp custom-painted canopies. There's a guy looking for it in the forum (here).

Last but not least, welcome to the forum.

Very Happy
69maverick
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:46 pm
PostPost subject: It Flys!!

It came today! The CP Belt. I put it together tonight and took it out in the dark in the driveway and she popped right up. I made a few trim adjustments and she was solid as a rock in a Hover!! Then the tail started to drift then I lost a tail control? It as seems to be still conected mechanicaly. I pluged it back in and it worked? I took it back outside and it did the same thing after about two minutes of hovering. I never even setup the Telibee Gyro, I just pluger it in and tried it. It was fine with the factory settings. I will look into it after work,it has to be something dumb?
P.S. The rear servo is a new Futaba 3114.
camoflight
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:38 pm
PostPost subject: Re: It Flys!!

69maverick wrote:
It came today! The CP Belt. I put it together tonight and took it out in the dark in the driveway and she popped right up. I made a few trim adjustments and she was solid as a rock in a Hover!! Then the tail started to drift then I lost a tail control? It as seems to be still conected mechanicaly. I pluged it back in and it worked? I took it back outside and it did the same thing after about two minutes of hovering. I never even setup the Telibee Gyro, I just pluger it in and tried it. It was fine with the factory settings. I will look into it after work,it has to be something dumb?
P.S. The rear servo is a new Futaba 3114.

First of all, congratulations, it came pretty fast I think Very Happy As for the tail drift, I don't think you have to worry much because you got it to fly steady before. The tail drifting is probably due to the telebee gyro not being set up yet. Tail drifts are usually caused by the gain being set too low as opposed to tail wag which happens when the gain is set too high. What did you mean when you said lost the tail control though?

Did you mean you can't control the rudder at all for a few seconds? If that's the case... I've heard a few cases of the new Futaba 3114 burning out when operating at 6V, a friend of mine had to change the operation voltage to 5V. Also, he said the Futaba 3114 can't handle the digital servo (DS) mode on his GY401. Hope that helps.
69maverick
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:03 am
PostPost subject: No Tail control

What I mean is no rudder control at all. The gyro is not ready and the servo does not move. But if I let it sit for a while then try it again it will work again for a short period. This is a completely new chopper and servos and Gyro. The chopper flies perfect until the servo gives up?
vrthai
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:37 pm
PostPost subject: Re: No Tail control

69maverick wrote:
What I mean is no rudder control at all. The gyro is not ready and the servo does not move. But if I let it sit for a while then try it again it will work again for a short period. This is a completely new chopper and servos and Gyro. The chopper flies perfect until the servo gives up?

Yeah sounds like you have a servo problem there. When you said it works for a while when rested for a bit then stopped working again means that the servo is overloaded or burnt out.

As for your servo, Futaba has been having some problems with their new micro digital servo line. Link camoflight said:
camoflight wrote:
I've heard a few cases of the new Futaba 3114 burning out when operating at 6V, a friend of mine had to change the operation voltage to 5V.

Actually, there's another article at trextuning about this issue here:
http://www.trextuning.com/futaba3154.php

Their even newer model the 3154 (or maybe it's not newer, not too sure Shocked ) has problems coping with high-demand servos too. The same thing might be happening with the 3114 too.

I think if you have the time, take a servo out from your HBK and try it on the tail for the belt. If it works then the futaba servo might need to be replaced. If not, then let us know again. Wink
vertigo
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:43 pm
PostPost subject:

Hard to believe Futaba's servo are under performing! They were so good with their radios and gyros. I was looking to buy the 3154 as well, now I am having second thoughts.

Anyone has anymore first hand experience?

Thanks for the review article by the way.
69maverick
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:35 am
PostPost subject: ServoS

Well the outcome was the servo! I replaced the Futaba with a Hitec HS-56
and that was the end of my problems. But to be fair I'm am still running the 3114 futaba in my HB King V2 with no problems. The HS-56 is a little more money than the Futaba 3114.
vrthai
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:36 am
PostPost subject: Re: ServoS

69maverick wrote:
Well the outcome was the servo! I replaced the Futaba with a Hitec HS-56
and that was the end of my problems. But to be fair I'm am still running the 3114 futaba in my HB King V2 with no problems. The HS-56 is a little more money than the Futaba 3114.

Congrats for solving the rudder problem Cool So it was the servo as lots of us suspected after all... It's hard to believe that Futaba is fumbling with their new servo lines. They've had a very very good track record (before their servos started to fail that is). It's funny that a servo that doesn't work with the Belt-CP would work on a King Shocked . But it's all good as long as it flies and you enjoy it. Wink

Congrats once again and enjoy flying Laughing
69maverick
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:02 pm
PostPost subject: to be clear

Let me clear on this. I am using the same model servo but not the same one! I bought 3 of them with the intent of using them as tail servos on 3 choppers. so 2 of them are working fine.
vrthai
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:56 pm
PostPost subject: Re: to be clear

69maverick wrote:
Let me clear on this. I am using the same model servo but not the same one! I bought 3 of them with the intent of using them as tail servos on 3 choppers. so 2 of them are working fine.

Sorry I misunderstood. Shocked I get it now. Thanks for sharing the information. Smile
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Honey Bee All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: