Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Honey Bee

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magyarbacsi
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:45 am
PostPost subject: HoneyBee CP3 spin out of control

Tried just hovering a newly purchased CP3. It did not go well in that from about 2' it took dive. Oddly enough none of the blades got damaged, but the fragile eggshell of a frame snapped. No big deal, replaced the frame and tried the copter on a test bed, basically a real sensitive turn table type, what i use to test the gyros. I have never got this thing up but once and that was just 2'o r so, for about 10 sec.
So I tested the repaired bird and everything looks ok. it tracks fine, all servos do what servos do and gyro hold the tail up to a certain speed, just above 1/2 throttle. The if I apply 80% throttle, the copter spins(nose) quite rapidly to the left. Even with full rudder to right it keeps rotating, not as fast as without right input, but in the air it would be uncontrollable. Tried setting the gain all the way from 0 to 100% in increments and still no stopping the spin at above half throttle. The more throttle the faster the spin. The tail motor is working fine and you can hear the fast spin so it does not seem to be slipping on the tail shaft, all set screws tight. Any Ideas. ?
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:35 pm
PostPost subject: post subject

Hi magyarbacsi
I dont have a honeybee but i do have a Blade SR with a tail motor and the speed controller has a mixing screw that controls % of power to tail motor. If the % is too much the heli will spin clockwise and if too little the heli spins anti clockwise. The closer you can get the ratio to correct leaves the gyro less work to do in hh mode. Also some times the tail motor may be knackered even if it appears to be working ok without load. Your honeybee may have similar mixing screw adjustment. On the Blade SR the battery must be unplugged and reconnected between adjustments for them to take effect. Hope this helps.
magyarbacsi
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:30 pm
PostPost subject: honeybee spinning

Thanks for the reply. I have tried to adjust the gyro from 0-100 in various increments, but I did not unplug the battery. Will try it with battery unpluged. Instruction booklet mentions tail wagging wild and mild, but not the fast spin. This is brand new and onl had maybe 3-4 min of spinup wothout lift-off and then tried it outside with more power. So wonering if it was that way out of box or it acquired some fatal desease.

It spins continuously in the same dirrection as if it cant counter the constant high speed torque of the full rotor speed. At slower rotor speeds I can see the gyro adjusting the tail rotor and if I try to push the tail boom with my hand, the tail motor spins higher correcting my move. So the gyro seems to work at the setting at about 40%, at low speed. At 100% it still wont hold it from rappidly spinning with full rev.
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:48 pm

Hi magyarbacsi.
The adjustment pot screw i am talking about is on the ESC. It basically decides how much battery power to send to the tail. On the SR it is in full view underneath the main frame. It needs setting up properly before setting the gyro. Your heli may not be the same.
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:12 am

Hi again magyarbacsi.
I have looked online at your model and i think that you need to adjust the pot on the speed controller which is marked proportional. It is most likely marked + and - This will give more or less power to the tail motor as needed. You will have to use trial and error to perfect it but it sounds like you need to turn towards the +. Only turn it a small amount at a time to get the desired result.
magyarbacsi
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:37 pm
PostPost subject: HoneyBee spinning

Hey, chopper, yep I was adjusting the gain and not the proportional pot. The way the receiver is mounted it was partially hidden. When all else fails, read instructions. But what puzzles me is that it was fine before and then just started doing this. Anyway I started to work on it last night ,but got late so I quit. Will give it a whirl this morning. It was getting better before I quit last night so I'm sure that's the issue

Thanx
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:23 pm

Hopefully a successful outcome. You got it sorted.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Honey Bee All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: