Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:03 am
PostPost subject: msr-x engine failure

Its been good fun getting the hang of this little flybarless heli, but tonight after less than 40 flights i have main motor failure. I have popped in a motor from my old msr which i hope will survive till i can get to the Lhs but it is slightly less powerful so i will see how long it lasts. This motor is the original one that came with my 18 month old msr so it has done well. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts in the newer model.
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:39 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Chopper,

I have two of the Standard MSRs both about two years old both on original main motors, one of them works like a Trojan haulling around a Hughes 500 body. Maybe you just got unlucky, more power out of the MSRx motor, may I'll try one in the Hughes.
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:27 am
PostPost subject: post subject

Hi admiral,
You might be ok with the msr-x motor in the hughes body heli. Its a bit longer than the msr motor but i dont think it will foul any components.
The rotors are different on the msr-x which means higher headspeed so the motor does have to work harder. Same as you i have had 2 msr and they are both still original motors. I borrowed one msr motor so i could carry on flying the msr-x. This new machine is so different to the old model it has no self correction and no tbe and its like greased lightning. It makes the 120 sr look sluggish. I'm waiting for the wind to drop so i can give it a spin round the garden and see what it can do with a bit more space. Cool
Astraman
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:56 am
PostPost subject: Blade mSR X Motor

Hi Guys, can't be alone on this problem, because of our great British Weather Purchased a Blade mCP X to use indoors just to keep my hand in Flying This heli's on Steriods !!!!! so got a Blade mSR X Great little Heli but Finding Motors not lasting just loosing power after 20 or so Flights now on my third in about month has anybody solved this or upgraded the motor.
Thanks.
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:48 am
PostPost subject: post subject

As i posted above when i started this thread i said i was using an old msr motor in my msr-x because the hobby shop were out of stock of the msr-x motors. Well that msr motor is still going in my msr-x and this little guy is so tough i still haven't broken a single part and it is as it came out of the box except for that first fried motor.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: