Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crashed_Again
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:52 pm
PostPost subject: msr-x loses power in flight

Fly for about a mjnute and everything will just shut off. Wait about a minute and it will turn back on without touching it. Tail motor squeels when flying and has done this since new. Like its dry. Is the tail motor working too hard and overheating the controls in the heli? I have another tail here ready to install. Batteries are all new and function well in my other small helis. Tail motor has also stopped working mid flight a couple of times over the last couple of months.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:28 pm
PostPost subject:

It is possible that your tail motor is making radio interference which is shutting down the Rx (then all else). I have known this happen with a certain type of belt material on my 450.

You could try lubricating the motor. If you can stop the squeal you may clear the fault.

Tom.
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:32 am
PostPost subject:

I'd bet on it being that the tail motor is gone. When one motor starts going out on a multi motor heli it'll draw a lot of Amps and starve off the rest of the system, causing all sorts of havoc on the rest of the electrical system.
Crashed_Again
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:54 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks guys for reassurance of what I thought I knew. Replacing the tail has solved all issues. It's getting cold here this time of year and it gets dark early so I have to get all the minis up and running correctly so I can keep flying indoors. My wife isn't fond of me trying to hover the 450 in the living room. I also added another little blade to the collection to keep learning how to fly. New post to follow.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:37 pm
PostPost subject:

Howdy Crash:

I'm a little late reading your post. At first thought I was thinking it was the tail motor need some oil. I have a little bitty oiler that I lube the shaft (Pimiom end) end on these little MSR motors. I was having a big problem with the MSR-X shutting down after a minute of flight.

I complained to Horizon Hobbies about the MSR-X being a DUD from the start. Well they finially sent me a New Board. I just set the board and all the other parts I had to rebuild the MSR on my bench out in the garage. At the time it was just to hot to work out there. A few days ago I was at the LHS and bought a new little heli-max quad. While there a also got a few new 150 mha batteries for the MSR-X. They have a higher max out put (25C).

Now the MSR-X flies great with the old board. So I use the old batteries on the old MSR and the three New higher C rating batteries on the MSR-X.

Inside flying is fun.

Jack

PS: getting allot of fun out of the little heli-max 1SQ (Lady Bug).
016hnoor
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:55 am
PostPost subject:

Like its dry. Is the tail motor working too hard and overheating the controls in the heli? I have another tail here ready to install. http://www.solitairecardgame.org/
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: