Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

New Excuse for Crashing - The dog made me do it.

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Crash Logs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:23 am
PostPost subject:

Trouble wrote:
You and me both DT, today the Electricity went out for an hour 'cuz a squirrel fried himself on a transformer. Wink

Fresh fried squirrel sounds yummy to me Wink
The little "Tree Rats" ate up 200 bucks worth of outdoor seat cushions on me last Fall!
I chase them around with whatever heli is ready any chance I get, but they always seem to get the better of me.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:26 am
PostPost subject:

T

his is getting serious.

For my light weight work I use the .223 AR15.

For more heavy work I use the 30.06 M1 Grand.

Then for real rats I use the ol' 45 acp Thompson.

Hawzzy
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:38 am
PostPost subject:

Theres a couple pics of our "Bruno"...we got him as a 4wk old pup...TOO YOUNG...His mother is Boxer/Black lab

His Father is Newfie/Chow

He weighs about 65-70 lbs...he stands 22" at the shoulders...perfect sized dog...He is 2 years old, and a shit-head. Most new people we meet think he is part Pit-bull because of his squarish-head.

We LOVE HIM.
Tye

P.S. He's ALWAYS eyballin my indoor helis......he def. dont like 'em!!!

Last edited by Hawzzy on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:42 pm
PostPost subject:

Tombo, I don't mind snakes too much myself...got a 5-6 ft green snake runnin' around my back yard that I catch every once in a while and run around with it all coiled up on my arm or neck acting like It is killin' me and scaring my next door neighbors with, first time I did it I did it to my wife....bad mistake there... Rolling Eyes all our poisonous snakes are front biters, so, can't play with them so much...a back biter huh? weird stuff in Portugal... Wink

Wow PJ!! Nice little arsenal ya got there, gratz! Oh, btw, your place is outstanding,(from the pix I have seen) I would give anything to have that, but, we will have a little bit o' land to ourselves in a coupla years, just savin' up, don't like payments Evil or Very Mad !

Hawzzy, your pup turned out to look cool, got a big ol' head don't he?
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:48 pm
PostPost subject:

Hey Tombo. How you and Sid doin'.

I have a dog that hates helicopter, planes, cars, boats, lawn mowers. weed eaters and anything that makes noise. He's Shelly's little brother (Ethan). Another Sheltie. We saved him from a breeder. Poor little guy lived in a box for a year. Fortunately for him he got to big and was not suitable as a breeder. So we way over paid for him.

He's dummier that a box of pigeon poop but he's very loveable. And we think he's beautiful.

admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:20 pm
PostPost subject:

Come on Guys, give Thombo a break, some of you guys dislike wives more than Thombo dislikes dogs, and he likes working dogs, Heh, that means he ain't all bad. I'm sure he's enjoying the sport and I love the enthusiasium with which you a tackled the issue, but has anybody got a better excuse for crashing ????
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:41 pm
PostPost subject:

Thanks Admiral.

Re: Crashing.

YEAH Exclamation
The wife sidles up alongside and says,
"Hey! You've just got to look at this - NOW!" waving a letter in front of your face. Sad

I didn't even have the floats on the heli Crying or Very sad . It's drying out nicely though. Rolling Eyes

Tom.
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:42 pm
PostPost subject:

Quote:
The wife sidles up alongside and says,
"Hey! You've just got to look at this - NOW!" waving a letter in front of your face.

Tom! you're killin' me dude! GodDang, that hurts, ..OW, oh my sides...that is the best, I can picture it so clearly, jeez, that hurts...
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:21 am
PostPost subject:

Yeah but it's only funny looking back Trouble, but I do see what you mean.

Tom.
Pappy K
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:28 am
PostPost subject:

Can't help it - Gotta get my girls in - Someone said they liked Working Dogs - Well this pair are sorta X-Working
The one looking at you "Maya" used to work sheep very well (even though she is an Australian Cattle Dog) The one looking away, if you put her in a paddock with sheep she would look for a pine cone for you to throw for her Razz
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:23 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks for everyone posting the pictures of your dogs. I love both of mine. They make my life allot better. Lots of overhead but well worth it.

My two legged kids (I have 6) like cats. My body can't handle cats. My eyes swell closed and I can't breath but I do like them. I'm and animal person for sure.
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:36 am
PostPost subject:

Same thing here Jack, cat hair destroys my eyes, horrible! ...I love animals though too, better than ppl usually.

Maximus. A King Shepard I rescued from really crappy owners who broke his left ear. 1&1/2 yr. old, 108 lbs of fun.
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 pm
PostPost subject:

tombo242 wrote:
Your right there Solentlife,

I've got a Spanish hunting air rifle, just supersonic muzzle velocity Twisted Evil . I'm not allowed fire arms, (not being a real Portugese,) or even my preferred weapon a hunting bow but this air rifle is fantastic. No telescopic sights but I can hit a rat at 30M every time. Great sport, my younger daughter (just turned 50 Rolling Eyes ) keeps pet rats so I don't tell her, but Sid and I do our best to keep them down. Sid is poisonous of course, but like all snakes here, he is 'Back Fanged' so as long as he can't get any part of you into his throat you're safe Confused I don't think he likes me too much, just tolerates me in 'his' garden.

Your dogs are just wolves doing what wolves do, good that you can let them do that. We all need to let our natures flow at times. Give the cats a 'narrowed eyed' hello from me will you?

Tom.

I'm not a Gun person ... just have them for the rats ... personally I think guns have a specific place in the world and it's not in the hands of the typical street person. I live in Former Soviet Union and I've seen what an AK can do ... Real guns are for military in my opinion.

The one niggle I have are my 2 AR's are at max 12 ft/lbs by law ... and unlike "other" areas I've lived - I can't find anyone to up the springs in them .... I know my Baikal can be upped to 15 -17ft/lbs for real hunting capability - an awesome level. The Chinese I reckon can go 13 - 14 ft/lbs

I wonder what a 15 ft/lb job would do to a parkflyer ? Now now Nigel !!
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:18 pm
PostPost subject:

...... Dogs and electric motors .... they don't like the sound that comes from them that is outside of human range .. that's what a Vet told me when I mentioned that my German Shepherd attacked model cars etc.

Anyway ... Dora our 3/4 size German Shepherd cross is now about 9yrs old ... she came with the house. She'd been chained outside since a pup and when we bought the house, owner said he was going to kill the dog as he had nowhere to keep her. I told him straight - Kill the dog, no sale. So I became her owner. First thing - destroy the chain, cleaned her up and took her inside where she'd never been ! She is absolute gold.

She took no notice of the 2 cats we brought with us except for Freddie Krueger ....... named because he decides when and how much you can touch him .. when he's had enough it's SWIPE ... the sharpest quickest claws !

So later wife wanted second dog to keep Dora company. So of to town and look at some dogs from adverts in paper ... we got Ben the bundle in the photo earlier ...
Dora mothered him so well - we never had to bother during the night.

Next we have the 3rd cat ... now this is a terrible story that luckily we put a happy ending to ... Wife with her Mum was in the garden and they heard a weak squeaking ... thinking it was a mouse somewhere they started looking. They found a kitten with head and front paws sticking out of ground crying .... its paws had been scrabbling so much to get out of it's grave - the claws were all broken. Wife dug Tom out of the ground ... all wet. Judging by the ground and his being wet ... it was obvious someone had tried drowning him at the river back of our house, thought he was dead ... buried him at side of our garden. Poor thing had come to buried ... Tom is the most devoted cat ever ... it's as if he knows absolutely his life is because of us.

Last is the Doberman / Alsation cross ... Sherry who to be honest is a loving dog but insists on fighting Dora .. she's only just over 1 year old and already a strong dog.
Wife and I were out in garden and a woman came up the road to us and asked if we were interested to take over a dog. She said - you have such land and everything ... her dog would love it ... To be honest I didn't want another animal ... 2 dogs, 3 cats and a Horse is enough ! But she kept on and then told us that her mother had given a pup to her son and they only had a 2 room apartment .. Deal was - she hands over the dog and doesn't returtn for at least 6 months to allow dog to settle in ... ownership to be mine absolute. She agreed.
Next day she turns up with Sherry - the Dobie / Alsat cross of 3 months old. Scared, nervous and trying to keep clear of womans young son who was with them. So obvious that son had been using the dog as a toy ... probably beating it.

Sherry is the protector of all ... there's no doubt as she has already proven it.

In our still being renovated kitchen ... Ben in his usual lay on the floor position, Dora waiting for Sherry to decide what she's going to do ( sherrys the one nearest, Dora the one looking to right on the left ).

Had to throw this one in as well ... my other hobby !

at end of my back garden ................
FlyDoc
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:00 am
PostPost subject:

Much as we might expect from a guy with "Solent" in his moniker.
Very Happy
Doc
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Crash Logs All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: