Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbossb
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:27 am
PostPost subject: +new to the SR but i cant get this thing to fly+

when i bought this heli i took it out of the box and read the owners manual and did the start up to the T. i am a decienctly experienced flyer. i started to take it up slowly and it rolled over and took out the main blades. so after getting replacements i went through the start up again and checked all my adjustments and linkages. flight 2 same thing it wants to roll over when trying to do a soft take off. now after a replacement feathering shaft i said lets just get her in the air. i brought it up for a 3-5 ft hover and it took off backwards i try to steer her and nothing helps, that time it took it into a tree. after a new swashplate, a new flybar, blade grip bushings and shims. i double checked every flite check. and tried again. still rolls over during a soft take off and i pulled it up a lil quicker and it took off straight forward and crashed. after another flybar. i tried again this time rolled over during a soft take off, i took it up for a hover and it took off goin straight backwards and crashed. this time it broke the main frame. i have put more money into parts on this thing then what it costs me brand new. i can fly any of my friends helis fine, but nobody can control mine. no matter how much you try to countersteer it does no good. the swash plate is level. all the parts are correct. i think there is something wrong with it from the factory, something out of wack or out of balance, maybe and adjustment or a parameter is off in the 2 in 1 or something. ive given up i havent even gotten 1 flite out of this thing and already put over $100 in parts into it.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:58 pm
PostPost subject:

If you got it from a local dealer, then I'd take it back and say "Fly this please, I want to see it work!" They won't believe you unless they do it themselves. Sounds to me that you have a good case for replacement.

Tom.
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:23 pm
PostPost subject:

Spot on Thombo,

I had an SR had similar problems, my son has one it hovered great out of the box, one small prang feathering shaft only, never flown properly since, my friend has one and has never had a reasonable flight out of it, I tried a belt drive tail, a bit better but not much, sorry not a fan of the SR get your money back if you can. All other E-Flites are OK just the SR is a dud.
etop8222
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:53 am
PostPost subject:

Excellent info here. I just crossed the SR off my list.
etop8222
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:29 pm
PostPost subject:

I am reading a lot of negative things about the SR. I was considering getting one about 3 months ago. It seemed like the perfect size and the Blade reputation was for the most part, very good. It's a shame that the SR's problems were not corrected at the factory.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: