Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Walkera

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
First Flight
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:24 am
PostPost subject: New Walkera, no Throttle

Hello ALL! This is all new to me including this site. I am the proud new owner of a Walkera 53Q 4ch RCH. I have not been able to get the throttle to work on the unit with the remote control. When I turn on the remote, both it and the receiver in heli flash. Eventually they stop flashing and stay on solid. I can than make the pitch control work on the blades but will not turn. Is there a switch or plug on this thing I am missing to engage the rotational motor? What am I missing/ Question
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:11 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi First Flight,

May be a silly question, but are you sure the throttle control and its trim are set to zero when you turn it on. Problems like this are usually something quite simple but if if turns out very technical then you are in the right place to get an answer.

Other point is: It sounds from your description as if you have the TX on after the RX! Is this correct to your manual?

I found this quote in Helicopter Wikki. "With Walkera 2.4GHz radios, binding is done each time the receiver and transmitter are switched on. The receiver much be switched on while the transmitter lights are still flashing. " By switched on they mean plugged in to power after the TX and while the TX lights flash.

Keep us posted on your progress.
First Flight
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:02 am
PostPost subject: TX, PX?

Rookie here. Can you repeat the below reply in rookie terms? How do I set the throttle and trim to zero. What is the TX and the RX? Transceiver TX (remote), Receiver RX (heli)?
timwag
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:20 pm
PostPost subject:

make sure throttle is at 0 or the bottom and the trim ( black slider next to it that goes vertical is the same ) plug heli batt in, turn on control you will hear the the servos kick in, you must run the picth side up and down then the throttle will activate, also see manual about dip swicth setting, mine came with the throttle turned off on the dip switchs its in the manual
WalkeraUS
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:52 pm
PostPost subject: Throttle issues...

Always turn transmitter on 1st! Plug battery in within 10 secs or binding won't occur. Above poster is right about trim switches. Make sure everything is in the middle (ALL sliding buttons) before you turn the transmitter on. Servos will twitch when binding is complete. If not, feel free to respond we may be able to help with parts if you have trouble where you bought it.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Walkera All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: