Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Planetech
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:26 am
PostPost subject: New Whirlybird

I am new to this forum and RC helicopters. I've flown the basic 3 and 4 channel models and have a lot of sim time. I am now looking at a 450 size as a step up even if it is a big one. I've been looking at Align, Walkera, Blade and Dynam. They each have their advantages but my focus is on replacement and upgrade part availability for obvious reasons as well as transition to serious aerobatics as I get comfortable with it. Align just seems to pricey, but they have a better name. Walkera seems like a nice model, but not a familiar name to me. Dynam seems like a TREX knockoff but not sure if it is a quality model and Blade......well it's Blade. Oh, and radios, I've grown up with Futaba and JR. Are these still the good ones or are their others to consider?

Please give me the good, bad and the ugly. Thanks for any info you can throw at me.
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:09 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Planetech,

Welcome to the forum, I suggest that you check out your local hobby stores and see what they carry spares for, you will find it very frustrating if your spares have to come from overseas. As for the brands that you mention all of them will do what you want and as you so correctly state they all have their advantages, same with the Transmitters it's a matter of what you like, myself I have all Spektrum gear, but it is no better or worse than my sons JR equipment, except that my new DX9 gives verbal warnings, nice but not a deal breaker if you like JR. I have Align, Align Clone and Blade all are good, with clones it depends on the quality of the gear you put into your build, there is nothing wrong with Walkera either I had a couple but in the end I had to make a Transmitter decision and Walkera lost out .

Hope this helps and not confuses you.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: