Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Walkera

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boscoe
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:42 pm
PostPost subject: Problem with new CB100

Hi everyone, I'm new to the RC heli hobby and just recieved my CB100. There seems to be a weird issue where the tail rotor always spins up to max rpms no matter how much (or little) throttle I give it.

I'm taking the learning curve slow, just trying to make it rotate in place on the ground and occasionally doing tiny hops of an inch or two. But I noticed that the thing will unfailingly zoom backward and to the left at a high rate of speed as soon as it has enough throttle to leave the ground. (I know that *some* pull to the left is normal, but this thing takes off like a rocket!)

I tweaked the swashplate connections to be as level as possible and even messed with the trim tabs just to see if I could affect the movement (I know you should be hovering at least three feet to really mess with the trims, but it was just an experiment). But nothing I did seemed to have any effect at all. Even trying to compensate by fully pushing the stick 100% forward movement does nothing, it still jumps left/backwards.

Then I noticed that even if I *barely* give it enough throttle to engage the rear motor, it immediately spins all the way up to max. I'm assuming this isn't normal?

Any suggestions on what the problem might be would be greatly appreciated!
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:58 pm
PostPost subject:

hey Boscoe:

It sounds like you need to adjust the proportional pot on the receiver. That's what controls the amount of power supplied to the tail motor in reguards to the head speed of the main rotor. I guess you will have to move the pot on the receiver a little to the minus side and plug in the battery and see if this helps. Every time you adjust the pot you must unplug the battery again. Also mark where it was set to begin with in cause your going the wrong way.

I'm also just guessing but I don't see any other thing to do to help you.

Good Luck.

Jack
Boscoe
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:21 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks for the suggestion! I tried tuning the sensitivity but I couldn't detect any change at all, no matter which direction I turned the screw. Sad

Edit: I guess I wasn't turning the screw far enough! LOL So I've got it to where the motor doesn't immediately spin up to full, but I'm seeing inconsistent behavior now where the blade will sometimes stop spinning for a split second then spin some more, the hesitate etc. I'll continue tweaking the screw and see if it improves...

Should I be able to blow on the tail rotor and cause it to spin? Because it doesn't even budge.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:16 am
PostPost subject:

Hey again Boscoe:

Be sure to mark where your start messing with these pots. Just in case we want to go back we'll know were to set them too.

No. Blowing on the tail motor will not get any movement. They are magnet motors. The magnets will hold the motor steady. Use your finger to turn the tail motor and you will see what I mean. It like pops like a internal combustion motor.

On my Falcon 40 V2 the pots are called extent = (tail motor) and sensitive = (main motor). On my falcon you would adjust the extent for tail motor adjustment.

I'm thinking sense we are talking about a Walkera we are talking about the same helicopter because Walkera makes Falcon 40's V2. They are Walkera # 4.

I'm thinking you may be messing with the wrong pot. Just guessing here.

Food for thought.

Jack
Boscoe
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:54 am
PostPost subject:

LOL well, I already screwed up the "mark the position" thing before I even posted my first question. D'oh!

As far as I can tell, there is only one adjustment on the CB100's reciever and it is for the tail.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:20 am
PostPost subject:

Boscoe:

I looked up the Walkera cb100 on the internet. That's a nice FP helicopter. Brushless motors, Metal rotor head and swash plate. 2.4 GHz. Looks like a real nice fp helicopter.

And only on pot to mess with so for sure you were on the right thing.

I wish I could help but the only thing I know to do is with the motors unplugged and battery plugged in be sure the swash plate is level. Adjust the links for that. Then unplug the battery plug in the motors and start over with a take off.

Easy for me, I'm over here safe and sound with balanced helicopters.

I did have a problem with my Little MSR tonight. My bad dog (Ethan – wife dog) was after my MSR and I had to shut down ASAP so I didn’t hurt him. Crashed hard. Then it would not fly and I could not see why. I was really upset with Fido (Ethan). All links were hooked up. swash was level and in place. But the MSR would go backwards and hit something and I was not in control. Turns out it was a little bitty servo gear. So small I had to use a 30 power jewelers mag. to see it. Had a bur on it and would not turn 360 degrees. Used another gear from an MCX servo to repair. Wanted to smack the dog but Miss Sharon forbids smackin' around here so it was just a hard word or two for Ethan. He could care less. Anyway I'm in the air again.

Good luck with your fix. Wish I could help you but I'm at a lost. I don’t know what to do.

Jack
Boscoe
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:37 pm
PostPost subject:

Thanks for the input Jack! Smile

I actually think I've got it behaving a little better now. I persevered with the tail sensitivity tuning and I think I may have it dialed in now or at least close. I also worked with the swash plate some more. I'm really surprised how far off level it was out of the box!

I won't know for sure until I find a bigger space to fly in, but I'm feeling like it may be close enough to good that I could compensate with flying skill... if I had any. Laughing

Good thing I've got that simulator program on order...

Steve
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Walkera All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: