Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Honey Bee
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuttyd
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:12 pm
PostPost subject: problems with heli

Mad My honey bee cp 3 was working just fine I then shut it off to take down to my girl friends pull it out of the trunk now only the servos are working. No main rotor or tail rotor are coming on. I've tried rebinding and pretty much every other trick I know to get the rotors to turn. Nothing is happening!! The light in the mixer unit just blinks red and green then when I give it some throttle the light goes to red and stays that way untill I repeat the prosses of turning off the the tx and unpluging the chopper. Then it will go back to the blinking red and green. I just can't figure it out. I'm hopeing its something simple. Can someone help me out there in RC land???
Code:
Quote:
    [img][/img][url][/url]
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:07 pm
PostPost subject:

Hey nuttyd.

This can be a frustrating hobby. We've all been were you are now. I probably can not help you but I'll try. Sense your getting to the receiver because the servos are working I'm thinking that it must be something in the motor safety software. I'm going to assume that your helicopter is on 2.4 GHz. You must have the trim and throttle at the lowest setting possible for the bind process to happen. Check that. Put the throttle trim and stick at low motor.

Good luck and keep us posted. I'm just a newbie at this so I'll hope for the best for you.

Jack
nuttyd
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:52 pm
PostPost subject: problems with heli

I tried putting the throttle and trim at the lowest, still nothing happens with the rotors. I'll keep looking on the web for any ideas. But when some new parts come in that I've ordered and the thing is still not working, I guess I'll nake it to my nearest hobby shop for a looking at...
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:02 am
PostPost subject:

This sounds to me like a battery problem. The blinking red/green is the "Low Voltage Cutout" telling you it's time to be on the ground. Check that the charger is giving you full charge with a voltmeter. Do NOT trust the charger indicators. You should have 4.2 volts/cell. If you do then the battery is suffering from high internal impedance and needs replacing. if you only have 3.2V or less then the charger is due for replacement.

Keep us posted on progress. It only sounds like battery, but could be other things.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Honey Bee All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: