Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Really angry now ... again tail mounts snapping.

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> T-REX Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:38 am
PostPost subject:

solentlife wrote:

Now that looks a lot better than the bolt together jobbie ...

Anyone used one ? Any ideas / thoughts on it ?

I have a Tarot tail assembly on my Flasher 500 looks the same, has been a great improvement over the original, but my problems was different the Tail control arm mount kept coming loose or bending the side of the housing, the Tarot unit is much better quality all around and resolved the problem.
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:34 am
PostPost subject:

I'm going to try and sort out replacements over time that improve the beast ... this tail unit all-in-one and the tarot head I have are certainly better.

As I sort out replacement parts that I feel improve the beast - I will list them out for others. Note that these will be my opinion and I appreciate that others will not agree / have different criteria to decide suitability. Mine is to have a sport / general flying machine, as I'm not a 3D guy. I'm looking for ease of fitting, good mounting once in place, reliable and damage resistance, resistant to wear giving reasonable life.

So first item is the Tarot metal head complete. It has cross point screw fixings instead of the hex head type. usually i don't like cross-point but in this it's IMHO much better and the screws are less liable to round out. The rear swashplate locking pin to elevator servo ... is fixed as a screw through the tube link and unlike other heads I have - does not strip thread in swashplate.

More to come !
sbobby
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:16 am
PostPost subject:

tombo242 wrote:
I now balance my whole tail rotor assembly instead of just the blades and haven't had the fracture problem again. . . . (yet)!
Tom.

I would like to learn how to balance to whole tail rotor. I am building a HK500 and heard that its tail rotor screws may break due to stress. Perhaps it is due to the unbalce force of the whole tail. I know how to blace the blades but can't think of a way to blance the whole tail rotor.

Show us please Tombo.
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:02 pm
PostPost subject:

sbobby wrote:
tombo242 wrote:
I now balance my whole tail rotor assembly instead of just the blades and haven't had the fracture problem again. . . . (yet)!
Tom.

I would like to learn how to balance to whole tail rotor. I am building a HK500 and heard that its tail rotor screws may break due to stress. Perhaps it is due to the unbalce force of the whole tail. I know how to blace the blades but can't think of a way to blance the whole tail rotor.

Show us please Tombo.

I'm also interested in this as blades yes ... but how whole assembly unless it's just the blade holder + blades of the shaft ?

This brings us to another item ... if blade holders + blades at back end ... then why not main rotors and main holders ? But that would be very difficult as the holders on main depend on having the head that remains on shaft for feathering shaft to pass through.
I feel another topic coming on !!
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> T-REX All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: